Theatre Marketing & Field Trip Coordinator
Imagination Stage / Bethesda, MD05.21.21
Theatre Marketing & Field Trip Coordinator
JOB TITLE: Theatre Marketing and Field Trip Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing and Communications
POSITION STATUS: Full time – Five days per week 8:30am – 4:30pm.
On occasion, position will be required to work some holidays, evenings and/or weekends
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
The position is primarily responsible for marketing and selling professional theatre and managing Imagination Stage’s field trip program. The position will spend half of their time marketing and booking school field trips and other groups and half of their time working on larger marketing campaigns to promote professional theatre.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Field Trips Management & Coordination (50% of time)
- Create and execute marketing plans for field trip programs to reach sales goals. Collaborate with Director of Marketing and Communication to set sales goals and tactics.
- Develop and negotiate field trip sales contracts according to established theatre policies
- Maintain and grow a comprehensive teacher database of all schools in the MD-DC-VA area, including additions and annual updates
- Establish and maintain a working rapport with teachers, PTA leaders, private school teachers, and administration throughout the Baltimore-Washington Metro area
- Enforce Imagination Stage Box Office policies and procedures, including accounts receivables for field trips
- General phone sales as needed
- Serve as liaison with production and artistic for school tours booking – both in person and digital planning, and communicating with school contacts
- Maintain records of grant allocations for any and all grants awarded to Imagination Stage including, but not limited to, number of schools and students served, as well as develop, distribute, and compile surveys to schools as required
- Supervise part-time, seasonal field trip position.
Professional Theatre Marketing (50% of time)
- Digital/Social Media/Web:
- Craft copy, design, and disseminate email marketing campaigns
- Work closely with the Director of Marketing and Communications to develop and execute strategies for social media outlets.
- With department leadership, plan and manage the organization’s content calendar.
- Manage website content pertaining to professional theatre, and make routine website content updates.
- Prepare, disseminate, and analyze surveys for theatre audiences and student populations.
- Maintain video archives.
- Direct Mail and Print Collateral
- Serve as project manager for professional theatre print collateral including programs, mailings, signage, etc.
- Occasionally assist with design projects.
- Track opening night press RSVPs
- Maintain press archives and manage press listServe as the primary liaison for theatreWashington/Helen Hayes Awards and the Arts.
- Coordinate photo calls for professional theatre and Theatre for Change productions.
- Organize press and publicity photos for professional theatre and Theatre for Change productions.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Marketing and Communications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent amount of working experience demonstrating critical thinking and problem solving
- Deep understanding of Microsoft Excel and Word, Google Applications (email, sheets, forms, etc), website management, as well as Canva. Previous experience with database systems preferred.
- Stellar customer service and people management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities, including presentation skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and successfully manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Demonstrated skill in developing creative sales tactics
- Ability to coordinate events with multiple departments
- Supremely organized with attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to think quickly
- Familiarity with Tessitura or other computerized ticketing database is preferred
- Motivated, pro-active, and self-directed
- A theatrical or entertainment background is not a prerequisite, though it is preferred
- Ability to be part of a team and a sense of humor
- Annual Salary: $35,568, negotiable based on experience
- 100% coverage for HMO individual insurance
- Paid Time Off: 10 vacation days; 7 personal days; 7 sick days; 16 paid holidays (including employee’s birthday)
- Transit/Parking benefit
- Generous free and reduced priced tickets, classes, and summer camps
Please upload your cover letter and resumé using this form.
Imagination Stage celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that values members of our whole community. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.