Fantasy Playhouse Children's Theater and Academy / Huntsville, AL10.18.18
Fantasy Playhouse Children’s Theater & Academy is recruiting experienced drama/acting Teaching Artists for our satellite after school partnership program: Fantasy in the Classroom (FIC).
FIC is designed to teach a general acting curriculum to students grades PK-6. Classes focus on developing the Actor’s Tool Box (Body, Voice, Mind, and Imagination) that inspire creativity and build self-confidence. For eight or ten weeks, students are divided up into age appropriate classes which meet after school one day a week for an hour. We explore elements of theatre that are developmentally appropriate and engaging.
Teaching Artist Job Description and Responsibilities:
• Create arts-integrated projects and lesson plans with a collaborating teaching team that will teach students theatre arts specific skills
• Maintain a safe learning environment
• Attend professional development sessions
• Communicate regularly with the Education Director
Teaching Artist Required Qualifications:
• Minimum BA in Theatre or Theatre Education or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 2 years-experience teaching school-aged children
• Should be comfortable interacting with school administration and teachers
• Strong oral and written communication skills and an ability to work as part of a team are necessary
• Committed to on-going professional development workshops and participate in other FPCT community events
• A love for children and arts education
• Must be a proactive communicator
• Reliable transportation
Teaching Artists will be required to pass an Alabama State Criminal Background check and will receive CPR training before teaching with FPCT.
Hours: Weekday; in the afternoon. Part-time.
Please submit resume, cover letter and references to:
EducationDirector@ FantasyPlayhouse.com, with the subject line: FIC Teaching Artist
FPCT employs without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, or any other attribute not related to superior performance.
3312 Long Ave SW, Huntsville, Alabama 35805 (256) 539-6829