Fantasy Playhouse Children's Theatre & Academy / Huntsville, AL11.30.23
Fantasy Playhouse Children’s Theatre & Academy is currently seeking part-time Teaching Artists!
Compensation: $30/hr (part-time)
POSITION: Teaching Artist
SUPERVISOR: Education Director
LOCATION: Huntsville, Alabama
FLSA STATUS: Part-time/Seasonal/Non-exempt
SALARY RANGE: Pay starting at $30/hr (part-time)
ABOUT FANTASY PLAYHOUSE:
Fantasy Playhouse Children’s Theater and Academy (FPCTA) provides theatre arts access through production, education, and outreach, enriching the lives of more than 31,000 residents annually.
Provide Theatre Arts Access Through Production, Education, and Outreach.
Enrich the Lives of Children and Families through Theatre and Arts Education
Be a Center of Excellence for Advancing Theatre and Arts Education to Positively Impact Our Local Community and Beyond.
Fantasy Playhouse Children’s Theater & Academy is committed to diversity and inclusion at all levels of its leadership, staffing, and programming.
Fantasy Playhouse Children’s Theatre & Academy is currently seeking Teaching Artists for Part-Time/Seasonal Employment for the 2024 Winter/Spring Semester and beyond.
We are highly interested in Teaching Artists with a strong musical theatre background and artists who have experience working with students of all ages and experience levels in the arts.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitate 12-week class sessions for students ages 3-adult
- Develop age and skill-appropriate curriculum and performances
- Participate in professional development sessions
- Work collaboratively with the Education staff including Education Director, Associate Education Director, and Education Coordinator, to meet classroom goals.
- Travel to our main Huntsville location or to surrounding schools to bring our programming to students.
- Skills/training and/or professional experience in the performing arts
- College degree or professional equivalent
- Teaching experience in the arts (previous classroom experience a plus)
- Experience working with diverse populations and a wide range of ages (we serve students ages 3-adult)
- Experience in developing performing arts curriculum and lesson planning
- A continued commitment to expanding teaching skills including participation in professional development, curriculum planning, and feedback sessions.
- Ability to teach in-person performing arts classes at our main location in Huntsville and the potential to travel to local public and private schools for our Fantasy in the Classroom programs.
- Attendance for in-person and virtual trainings, workshops, and events at our location.
- Weekly schedules vary based on seasonal programming and classes assigned.
Pay starts at $30/hr for classes and $15/hr for meetings and classroom preparation, and can vary depending on education and experience.
Applicants should submit the following documents to email@example.com in order to be considered for the position:
- RESUME(S) demonstrating training and experience as both an artist and a teacher/teaching artist
- Cover letter further explaining your qualifications and experience and why you believe you would be a good fit for the position.
Email resume(s), cover letter, and any lesson plans/work samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any additional questions, please contact email@example.com or call us at 256-801-9994