TCT Academy Manager
Children's Theatre of Cincinnati / Cincinnati, OH07.03.19
TCT’s mission is to educate, entertain and engage audiences of all ages through professional theatrical productions and arts education programming. We fulfill our mission through three primary programs:
TCT MainStage at the Taft Theatre – We welcome over 102,000 children, teachers, and family members from across the Tri-State, to one of our four family-friendly and professional musical theater productions at the historic Taft.
TCT On Tour – We see over 83,000 children and their families at one of our touring performances or during an arts-integration workshop or residency.
TCT Academy – Over 1,200 children will be provided fine arts instruction, including the group that participates in the four-week summer NKU STAR Intensive, or three-week STAR Red Bank program, where we offer professional musical theatre training to some of the region’s most talented youth.
Vision: To awaken a lifelong love of theatre in children and the young at heart.
We believe in the power of theatre to enrich lives and create deeper understandings of people, cultures, and perspectives.
We believe that our audiences deserve high quality experiences that are rich with wonder, honesty, compassion, joy, and wisdom.
We believe that the arts and education are not mutually exclusive.
We believe that the art we create must respect the diversity of our community.
We believe in the power of integrated arts education to enrich our lives and our communities.
The TCT Academy Manager assists the organization in fulfilling its mission of educating, entertaining and engaging audiences of all ages through professional theatrical productions and arts education programming. The TCT Academy Manager is a member of TCT’s Resident Artist Company and coordinates the TCT Academy’s functions with the assistance from members of the Education Team. TCT Academy Manager directly supports and upholds the integrity of Producing Artistic Director’s vision for the organization’s Education Department.
TCT Academy Department
The TCT Academy Department consists of the following programs: TCT Academy’s Class Sessions, Private Lessons, Summer Camps, and the STAR Program.
Reports and Reporting
The TCT Academy Manager of The Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati reports to the Education Director and directly supervises all contracted teachers within the Academy who are hired at the discretion of the Education Director. The TCT Academy Manager teaches and works closely with our team of full-time Resident Teaching/Workshop Artists and the STAR Program Manager to schedule their time within the functions of TCT Academy and the STAR Program.
The TCT Academy Manager’s duties include but are not limited to:
- Overseeing TCT Academy contracted teaching artists
- Working closely with the Education Director to help create the operating budget for the Education Department
- Observing teaching artists and providing feedback to the Education Director
- Researching and developing TCT Academy lesson plan curricula and implementing TCT Academy curricula and policies in collaboration with TCT Education staff.
- Assisting the Education Director in determining what classes the Academy will offer.
- Supporting the Education Director with day-to-day administrative needs of the Academy, including communication with parents, assisting customers with class selection, organizing culminating class showcases, resolving and troubleshooting student, parent and teacher questions.
- Working with the Education Team and Marketing Department in writing class description copy for TCT Academy fliers and other marketing materials
- Work closely with the STAR Program Manager, Associate Artistic Director and the Producing Artist Director to assist with the development of STAR Programs (STAR NKU, STAR Red Bank, and STAR All STARS) content.
- Teaching classes within the Academy at beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels.
- Organizing functions associated with the TCT Academy.
- Working with other staff to launch TCT hosted events under TCT Academy.
- Cultivating and measuring student retention.
- Representing TCT at industry events.
- Performing other duties as assigned to support TCT’s mission.
Ideal and Minimum Qualifications:
- A Master’s or a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Theatre Education or related field, or equivalent work experience with Theatre Education (2+ years of experience in teaching and administrative work within an established performing arts training academy is preferred)
- Broad understanding of all aspects of theatre education including knowledge of developmental and education theories and the impact theatre has on youth
- Familiarity with managing budgets
- Collaborate with a tight-knit, mission-oriented, and dedicated staff
- Working knowledge of PC and Mac-based productivity software and familiarity with industry standard theatrical software
- Prior experience supervising a team in a dynamic environment
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills, both written and oral, are imperative
- Able to maintain a flexible work schedule, which may include irregular and extended working hours
Salary Range and Benefits:
Annual Salary Range: $25,000 – $35,000 based on experience
Health, vision and dental benefits available, partially subsidized by employer contributions, after a waiting period
403(b) retirement plan participation available with eligibility for an employer match after one year of credited service
Generous PTO based on years of service
Generous paid holiday schedule
Artistic outlets are available for candidates whose skillset could add to TCT in areas outside of the Education Department: Directing, Scenic or Costume Design, for example.
How to Apply:
TCT is committed to dismantling structures which may prevent anyone from applying for employment with us.
Please submit by any means that you would like (Cover letter, video, video letter, resume, portfolio, etc.). It is important to submit whatever best represents you and your work. Include and highlight any skills or experiences you think would be most crucial to this position. Letters of recommendation and/or professional references are welcome. You may submit via email to: email@example.com, Subject line: TCT ACADEMY MANAGER SUBMISSION
Application deadline: July 15, 2019
Ideal Start Date: August 19, 2019