Summer Teaching Artist (5)
Lexington Children's Theatre / Lexington, KY04.15.21
SUMMER TEACHING ARTIST (5)
May 24th – August 7th 2021
Summer Interns are fully immersed in teaching including devising and implementing lesson plans, directing in Summer Theatre School programming for students ages 5-16. Interns also coordinate the technical elements of scenery, costumes, lighting, sound, props, as well as art activities for their classes. Education Interns may be asked to assist with outreach programs in surrounding counties. Teaching experience is desired, but respect for young people and passion for teaching theatre a must.
May be requested after review of application.
• Free housing in a semi-private room in 1 of 3 company owned townhouses (3 BR/3.5BA) within walking distance of the theatre.
• Townhouses provide laundry, internet, cable, and utilities • No housing deposit required
• Time off: 1 day off per week – guaranteed
• Meal stipend of $125 per week (via direct deposit) Mentorship from collaborative, knowledgeable, enthusiastic artists
FILL OUT AN APPLICATION AT:
YOU WILL PROVIDE:
• A cover letter clearly stating the position of interest • Resume
• Contact information for three current references • Any additional materials required for the position of interest
• Your online portfolio / website address (if applicable)
LCT.HIRING@GMAIL.COM with questions.
WHAT’S STILL AVAILABLE?
Lexington Children’s Theatre seeks creative, collaborative theatre artists who evidence passion for creating theatre for young audiences. We strive to showcase the complete spectrum of our world by cultivating Equity, Diversity, and Inclusivity in our art, artists, and audiences. We welcome, celebrate, and seek people of all ages, ethnicities, cultures, gender identities, sexual orientations, and physical and cognitive abilities to join our dynamic artisans.