Summer Camp Education Manager
TADA! Youth Theater / New York, NY04.20.23
JULY 5 – AUGUST 25, 2023
OUR EDUCATION MISSION: To provide innovative, engaging, accessible, and high-quality musical theater programming that educates, inspires, and empowers students regardless of race, ethnicity, class, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ability, nationality, and immigration status.
- Artistic Excellence
- Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, Justice, and Accessibility (EDIJA)
- Nurture Creativity
- Student Voice
- Culture of Growth
- Innovative & Responsive Programming
Please visit our website, for individual descriptions of our values and more information about our Education Department.
SUMMER CAMP MANAGER DUTIES:
TADA! seeks a Summer Camp Manager to oversee and manage our musical theater summer camps. The Summer Camp Manager will ensure the safety and well-being of campers and staff, and ensure that the program runs smoothly and efficiently, including:
- Use Slack for check-in, check-out, daily reports, and communication with TADA! team
- Check education email and voicemail at the start and end of each day and respond or forward to the appropriate person
- Send all parent emails related to camp
- Maintain and update Attendance/Health Form for summer camp
- Compile and setup Marketing Material for Final Sharing
- Create Final Sharing videos and YouTube links
- Opening and closing the building, rehearsal studio, and/or theater
- Buzzing/answering doors
- Answer general questions from families, and handle student/family issues, concerns, and comments
- Hanging signs (Class: 1, 2, & Final Sharing)
- Maintain a clean lobby and bathroom
- Face of TADA! (Welcome and assist families with a warm and positive energy)
- Check-in/check-out for camp
- Make copies for Teaching Artists and Education Staff
- Complete Education Onsite Daily Report
- Empty Lobby, Rehearsal room, and Bathroom Trash Daily
- Ensure that all safety procedures/protocol is being implemented onsite
- Assist Teaching Artists with student issues (e.g, body breaks, bathroom breaks, facilitate conversation with students, parents, and TAs, and Ed. staff)
- Act as a liaison for any building issues (e.g. communicate and follow up with our Administrative Manager, problem solve in the moment in an emergency situation, etc.)
- Act as the Ed. Dept. staff member who is CPR/First Aid certified (can be certified after hiring), and is responsible for administering CPR/First related issues/emergencies should they arise
- Ensure expectations laid out in the Staff and Teaching Artist Handbook are being upheld by all Education Department staff members
- Manage Summer Arts for All sponsorships, financial aid, and payment plans
- Facilitate weekly Final Performances
- Additional duties as assigned by the Director of Education and Associate Director of Education that support the smooth operation of the department
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A CAMP MANAGER?
- You must be available Monday-Friday, 8AM – 5:30PM (with three 30 min un-paid breaks), July 10 – August 25th.
- Mandatory Training: July 5, 6, 7 10AM – 6PM
- Fully vaccinated and comfortable working in-person at TADA! Youth Theater, 15 West 28th Street, NY NY
- Deep appreciation and enthusiasm for the organization’s mission, vision, and values
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in arts administration, as a Teaching Artist or arts educator
- Outstanding interpersonal skills as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Customer service oriented and committed to closing loops and getting answers
- Strong listening skills, compassion and intercultural sensitivity towards people of various identity markers and life experiences
- An ability to handle multiple deadlines, manage competing priorities, be proactive, and work effectively with a sense of humor
- Arrive on-time and commit to a consistent schedule, detail oriented and organized
- Proficient in Google Suite; familiarity with Salesforce a plus
- A commitment and deep interest in diversity, equity and inclusion in all aspects of TADA!’s programming and initiatives
- Multilingual and/or experience working with ENL, SWD, and neurodiverse learners is a plus!
- Position contingent on a clear background check
HOW TO APPLY:
Send the following materials to email@example.com by Friday, May 5th.
- Cover letter OR 2-3 minute video-recorded statement of interest (introducing yourself and sharing your arts education, teaching assistant/management and musical theater experiences)
Application & Material Deadline Friday, May 5th
Selected applicants will be invited to interview
TADA! Youth Theater is committed to building and fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of our vastly diverse youth in our Ensemble program and school programs. Priority will be given to candidates who are dedicated to anti-racism and share our mission and vision above. Candidates from underrepresented racial or ethnic groups, people with disabilities, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are encouraged to apply. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or veteran status.