Resident Teaching Artist
Lexington Children's Theatre / Lexington, KY04.15.21
RESIDENT TEACHING ARTIST ONE YEAR (RENEWABLE) CONTRACT
Mid May 2021 – Mid May 2022
Resident Teaching Artists (RTA’s) develop and facilitate quality education programs and experiences for young people at LCT and in our community. The RTA’s teach in LCT’s offsite and outreach classes, Theatre School, and Company programs and write lesson plans, arts integration residencies, and resource materials for teachers, in cooperation with education department staff and teachers. Additionally, the RTA’s execute administrative duties such as correspondence with patrons, class registrations and enrollment management and script preparation. These positions have opportunities in artistic or technical assignments in LCT Shows.
BA or BFA plus 1-3 years’ experience teaching theatre to youth ages 4-18.
May be requested after review of application.
FULL TIME POSITIONS RECEIVE:
- Hourly wage: $9.40
(During the COVID-19 pandemic 30 hours is guaranteed.)
- Paid leave:
- 7 Major holidays
- 5 vacation days (does not accrue)
- 3 personal days (does not accrue)
- 5 sick days (may accrue year to year)
- Approximately two weeks off over winter break
- Health Insurance (at no cost to employee)
- Housing. No deposit required
FILL OUT AN APPLICATION AT:
YOU WILL PROVIDE:
- A cover letter clearly stating the position of interest
- Contact information for three current references
- Any additional materials required for the position of interest
- Your online portfolio / website address (if applicable)
LCT.HIRING@GMAIL.COM with questions.
WHAT’S STILL AVAILABLE?
Lexington Children’s Theatre seeks creative, collaborative theatre artists who evidence passion for creating theatre for young audiences. We strive to showcase the complete spectrum of our world by cultivating Equity, Diversity, and Inclusivity in our art, artists, and audiences. We welcome, celebrate, and seek people of all ages, ethnicities, cultures, gender identities, sexual orientations, and physical and cognitive abilities to join our dynamic artisans.