IPAY / Philadelphia, PA07.12.19
IPAY SEEKS PRODUCTION MANAGER FOR SHOWCASE 2020 – PHILADELPHIA, PA
International Performing Arts for Youth (IPAY) is looking for an experienced event Production Manager to oversee the planning and execution of our annual performing arts conference, Showcase. IPAY Showcase 2020 will be held in multiple venues around the Avenue of the Arts in Philadelphia Center City, January 21 – 25, 2020.
Successful Production Manager candidate will have festival experience, or experience working with multiple productions in multiple venues at the same time. The candidate should also have experience working with complex production budgets and schedules, as well as extensive knowledge of theatre technology and equipment. They should also have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills, and be extremely organized with great attention to detail. Candidate should also be proficient in Dropbox and G Suite.
Production Manager will work with IPAY’s Staff in all production related aspects of Showcase 2020 including taking lead on all aspects of producing the performing arts productions (up to 30 international productions) as well as the following.
- Main point of contact for anything related to invited productions for IPAY Showcase 2020, managing ongoing communication between IPAY, 30+ artists, 6+ venues and multiple vendors.
- Participating in regular production meeting calls with updates/reports.
- Managing technical staff and schedules to create best possible budget outcome within showcase parameters.
- Working closely with IPAY Staff to establish preliminary schedule and budget.
- Managing production expenses within established annual budget.
- Communicating expenses expectations or projections with artistic companies prior to Showcase and following through with invoicing after event.
- Gathering and reviewing production related invoices for payments due to venues and vendors.
- Managing usage and assignments of 6+ venues; ensuring venues meet the needs of the productions, and managing equipment rentals as necessary.
- Managing showcase venue schedules, including deliveries, load-in, and load out.
- Working with IPAY Executive Director in creating viable event schedule, with specific attention to production needs, load-in and out schedule, crew scheduling, etc.
- Managing the Showcase production process according to planned and agreed upon execution of technical riders and in consultation with artistic companies and key venue personnel.
- Managing any technical problems during the event as they arise within parameters of established guidelines.
- Providing technical/production support for other conference related events as needed.
- Managing production staff including assistant production managers, stage managers, crews and interns.
CREWING, EQUIPMENT RENTAL, PERMITS
Coordinating crew requirements with each venue and hiring additional crew when and if necessary and within budget expectations.
Arranging for any necessary permits as necessary.
Participating in post-mortem meetings with IPAY Staff to discuss Showcase 2020
Reconciliation of all production related invoices and expenses including, artists, venues and rentals.
Time commitment is August 2019 – February 2020. This includes trips to Philadelphia, online/phone meetings, as well as onsite management the week of Showcase 2020. Salary range $10,000 to $12,000.
IPAY is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
To apply, send a resume, cover letter and two professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, July 24, 2019.
WHAT IS IPAY:
IPAY is a non-profit membership organization that works to bring together the international community of individuals and organizations dedicated to producing, presenting and promoting professional performing arts for young audiences.
WHAT IS IPAY SHOWCASE:
IPAY Showcase is a prestigious performing arts conference and showcase held annually for the performing arts for young audiences field. We serve an audience of around 500 delegates including presenters, agents, producers, funders, educators, and artists from around the world, promoting global dialogues within the youth arts sector at large. Showcase features a rigorously selected roster of full length and excerpted performances for young audiences, from around the world.