Patron Services Manager
Imagination Stage / Bethesda, MD05.21.21
Patron Services Manager
POSITION: Patron Services Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing and Communications
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
POSITION STATUS: Full Time
Imagination Stage is seeking a Patron Services Manager to provide leadership of the patron services team and assure the highest level of customer service is provided, including overseeing all box office and front of house operations. This position reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications and works closely with other management staff to support organization objectives.
This position supervises those working in the Box Office and House Management, and manages vendor/partner relations for the café.
This is a full time, salaried position with a typical schedule of 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Tuesday-Friday and either Saturday or Sunday. Occasional evening hours, usually on a Friday or Saturday, are required.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT
● Patron Services Manager (PSM) represents the “face” of Imagination Stage and ensures that all box office, registration, reception, and lobby personnel provide excellent customer service. PSM establishes the tools that monitor/evaluate this goal and shares results on a monthly basis with the Director of Marketing and Communication.
● PSM will serve as an expert in industry trends and best practices for patron services, ticketing, and box office procedures. As such the PSM will be a key advisor in working with the Director of Marketing & Communications and other key members of leadership staff in making recommendations for maximizing sales and assuring the highest-quality guest experience.
● PSM leads the Patron Services team and directly supervises the full-time Guest Experience and House Management Associate, as well as part-time staff including Registrars, Patron Services Associates, volunteer Ushers, and House Managers.
● PSM supports and implements business development efforts, seeking out new revenue opportunities and building relationships with potential sales leads. This includes group sales and outreach, expanding birthday party sales, expanding PTA outreach programs, and other promotions and efforts in new business development.
● PSM works as a senior member of the Marketing Team to ensure that sales goals are met and exceeded in ticket sales and education registrations.
● The PSM conducts weekly box office meetings with their staff
● PSM sets goals and prepares AnnualReviews for all full-time staff members supervised as well as provides coaching, mentorship, and/or discipline as needed for all patron services team members, both full and part-time.
● PSM ensures oversight on all sales and security and enforces box office security policies to prevent fraudulent activities both onsite and online.
● PSM troubleshoots database errors, accounting errors, handles customer service issues; liaises between executive, production and artistic staff, and the front-of-house staff and disseminates all pertinent information among them, as well as updates the automated phone system with relevant information for the public.
PATRON SERVICES AND BOX OFFICE
● PSM manages the patron services and ticketing needs in Tessitura including building the theatre season, managing price codes, overseeing data entry, managing reports, conducting list pulls, and troubleshooting issues as they arise. Works with the Database & Analytics Manager on large-scale Tessitura updates and issues including upgrades, custom features, Tessitura Analytics, etc.
● PSM oversees guest communication in conjunction with the marketing team including pre- and post-show emails, weather and emergency procedures, etc. PSM monitors the website and external communication to make sure guest experience information is accurate and updated as needed.
● PSM manages guest experience and lobby space to ensure space is well maintained, up-to-date, and brand-appropriate including displays and signage. Working with the Education and Marketing department, the PSM oversees the upkeep of the educational display.
● The PSM serves as the liaison with café vendors, including management of contracts and communication with and management of the café space with external vendors and partners
● PSM is in charge of record-keeping for Box Office ticket sales and registration.
● PSM ensures that all data is accurately reflected and tracked in Tessitura including sales projections and budgets.
● PSM, in conjunction with the Guest Experience and House Management Associate, hires and supervises part-time Patron Services Associates (box office, registration, birthday liaisons).
● PSM is a member of the Marketing Team and collaborates on sales promotions, discounts and pricing, guest needs, and patron feedback, etc.
● PSM works with the Marketing Team to update manuals, policies, and protocols under the direction of the Director of Marketing and Communications.
● PSM works with the marketing department to post and sell performances and subscriptions online; proof and approve marketing materials such as brochures, website, catalogs, direct mail pieces, ads, and special offers; and prepare sales reports to help inform marketing decisions.
● PSM maintains subscriber records and pulls lists on theatre attendees, students, and donors as directed by the Director of Marketing and Communications.
● PSM works with all departments and the Database & Analytics Manager, when requested, to provide historical data on income and attendance figures as well as projections for future years for grant applications on the federal, state and county level as well as private foundations and corporations.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
● Proven track record of successful team leadership.
● Ability to create and manage a fun, welcoming, and professional work environment.
● Ability to successfully collaborate intra- and inter-departmentally.
● Bachelor’s degree in theatre, business or similar, or equivalent experience.
● Excellent customer service and people management skills.
● Experience working in a box office in a supervisory capacity.
● Proficient in MS Office Suite.
● Highly proficient with ticketing and CRM software – Tessitura experience required. 2
● Strong verbal and written communication skills.
● Basic knowledge of HTML and/or website management, preferred.
● Excellent time-management skills.
● Superior organizational skills and attention to detail.
● Ability to work under pressure and to think quickly.
● Sense of humor and positive attitude a must!
● Annual Salary: $40,000, negotiable based on experience
● 100% coverage for HMO individual insurance
● Paid Time Off: 10 vacation days; 7 personal days; 7 sick days; 16 paid holidays (including employee’s birthday)
● Transit/Parking benefit
● Generous free and reduced priced tickets, classes, and summer camps
Please upload your cover letter, resumé, and contact information for three references using this form. Best consideration will be given to candidates who submit their application by June 1, 2021.
Imagination Stage celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that values members of our whole community. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.