Part-Time Marketing Manager
TADA! Youth Theater / New York, NY04.09.21
Part-time Marketing Manager
TADA!’s seeking a qualified, passionate, self-motivated, and flexible individual who loves the challenge and success of increasing earned revenue (class/camp/workshop/school education programs; box office; space rental). Candidates must believe in TADA!’s mission and vision, and love and respect NYC’s youth, musical theater and arts education. An ideal candidate must love to sell and be able to multitask, problem solve, communicate, work as a team player and excel in a busy environment (currently work from home – return to NoMad office summer or fall).
TADA! is and has been for 37 years committed to providing every child interested in musical theater an opportunity to create, imagine, learn, and experience the joy of musical theater, regardless of race, ethnicity, class, religion, gender, sexual orientation, ability, nationality, and immigration status. The Staff and Board of TADA! are committed to our journey to become an equitable, anti-racist and anti-oppressive organization and to make the changes needed to reflect the mission, vision, and values of TADA!. Are you ready to go on this journey with us?
Mission and Vision of TADA!
TADA! Youth Theater’s mission since 1984 has been to provide young people from different social, racial, economic, and cultural backgrounds with musical theater programs that inspire them to learn, be creative, and think differently through high-quality productions, positive youth development, and education programs. TADA! is a unique, Drama Desk award-winning nonprofit youth theater that produces original musicals for children, teens, and family audiences. TADA! offers a free, year-round, pre-professional training and a positive youth development program for the Resident Youth Ensemble (ages 8-18); musical theater classes/camps for the public; as well as musical theater residencies in NYC schools and community centers. Through TADA!’s high-quality work, young people’s self-confidence and creativity are enhanced. They also develop advanced skills in leadership, communication, responsibility, collaboration, and problem-solving – skills that help with growing up and are essential to their success both in school and in life.
TADA!’s vision is that all young people grow up feeling successful, creative, confident, accepted, and accepting of themselves. Through the ability of people learning to express themselves well we can break down barriers of racism and inequality and create positive, active citizens.
Purpose of the Marketing Department:
To support, communicate, and further the mission of TADA! Youth Theater by raising awareness of and increasing TADA!’s earned income for all programming (education, ensemble, theater and development), so that TADA! can continue to grow. With the onset of the Pandemic, the Marketing Department has a new opportunity and challenge – to reach families beyond the NYC area, to make them aware of TADA!. and to turn them into students and audiences. TADA! has classes, camps and private lessons year round, In-school and after-school residencies, original streaming and live musical theater productions, a Free Resident Youth Ensemble Program (positive youth development and pre-professional training) and various fundraising and cultivation events.
● Support, communicate, and further the mission of TADA!
● Promote and sell education programs, productions, and other TADA! events
● Find and build new relationships as well as maintain current relationships with families, partners, publications, press, social media contacts, Alum, schools, community centers, etc.
● Assist with the implementation of the annual marketing and advertising plan
● Help maintain brand consistency for the organization as a whole
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
● Take actions and work with Director of Development Advancement and Director of Education or Producing Artistic Director to successfully accomplish goals of the annual marketing plan.
● Assist with marketing sales strategies and solutions including but not limited to: social media; advertising; eblast swaps; partnerships/relationship building; media listings;
● Update and maintain databases (Salesforce) and Emma email service (e.g., eblast, mail returns, group sales, contacts, ticket buyers, registrants, and opt outs) and calendars. and manage all organizational eblasts and promotion of all programs. Pull reports, run lists, segment lists, etc.
● Help solve potential obstacles responsible for the lack of earned income
● Work with PR firm and get them all information needed for all press releases, promotional materials, etc.
● Assist graphic designer and maintain, display and share collateral (e.g., postcards, flyers, brochures, and posters for all departments) with organizations, board, staff, Alumni, etc.
● Assist with maintaining and updating TADA!’s website (e.g, copy editing, design feedback, pulling photos, reaching out to staff to get copy or information, etc.)
● Oversee and manage social media including but not limited to facebook, instagram, twitter, Linkedin, live streaming, etc. Be aware of what’s going on in the world and bring that into social media. Keep abreast of what’s new in social media, the media in general, and what’s on-trend in NYC.
● Administer audience surveys and other communication strategies to help build understanding of our families’ interests, likes, dislikes, etc.
● Create, build, and maintain box office and discount plans for productions
● Capture photos and video of education and ensemble programs for promotional purposes
● Analyze and update staff on analytics for wordpress, google, Emma, and all social media platforms
● Create, oversee, and analyze Google adwords
● Attend Staff and Departmental Meetings
● Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have:
● Passion for, commitment to and is fully aligned with TADA!’s mission and vision, and knowledge of needs in communities served by TADA!
● A successful track record in sales and increasing earned income
● Be a self-starter, able to thrive in a fast-paced institutional environment
● Outstanding written and oral communication skills with diverse audiences, internally and externally
● Ability to manage and prioritize among multiple simultaneous projects
● Positive attitude and the ability to build rapport with diverse colleagues & external stakeholders
● Prior use of Salesforce a plus and working knowledge of data analysis
● High energy and willingness to be a “doer”
TADA! Youth Theater is committed to building and fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of our vastly diverse youth in our Ensemble program and school programs. Priority will be given to candidates who are dedicated to anti-racism and share our mission and vision above. Candidates from underrepresented racial or ethnic groups, people with disabilities, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are encouraged to apply.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or veteran status. We are actively looking to expand our staff with BIPOC candidates.
To apply, please email your cover letter (a cover letter must be included to be considered) and resume to email@example.com and include the words Marketing Manager in the subject line. Hours/salary: 29 hours/week at $16 – $18/hr.