Marketing & Media Assistant
Childsplay / Tempe, AZ05.19.21
MARKETING & MEDIA ASSISTANT
Childsplay is seeking a highly motivated, creative, and organized individual to join our ensemble as Marketing & Media Assistant. This is a full-time, non-exempt position (35 hours per week) reporting to the Director of Marketing & Media.
Salary: $18 per hour
PRIMARY DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Participation in the development and implementation of dynamic and creative marketing plans
- Planning and executing promotional activities across electronic platforms
- Creating and maintaining website content and social media marketing initiatives via Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram (others as necessary).
- Support in designing and managing email marketing campaigns weekly.
- Participating in the implementation of market research and analysis of marketing surveys/data to identify and recommend opportunities for marketing, advertising, and community engagement.
- Serve as the “Lobby Ambassador” during Saturday performances (September through May)—managing and/or running interactive family activities, working with volunteers, and handling customer service issues that arise.
- Promote, manage, and administer Childsplay’s Group Sales program
- Manage playbill content for design and print submission for each production
- Duties will also include clerical and administrative activities such as general correspondence, customer relations, creating and updating media and community contact lists, assistance in promotional events and writing assignments for programs and other communications.
- Other duties as assigned.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Understands and effectively communicates the mission of the company
- Has a true desire to be part of the Childsplay ensemble, which is a community of motivated and invested professionals who work together to fulfill Childsplay’s mission in an environment where creativity and participation are honored in all
- Works closely with members of the ensemble to develop creative concepts that communicate the Childsplay experience to our various markets and constituencies
- Can carry the voice of Childsplay’s brand through all media consistently
- Creates and completes projects on time and within budget constraints
- Ensures market strategies are consistent with company strategy
- Stays current on all new interactive advertising trends and technologies
- Manages/builds relationships with community partners and ensemble members
YOU’LL BE A GREAT FIT IF:
- You develop and execute fresh approaches to engage our community.
- You understand all the rules of grammar – so you can break them when you need to.
- You are able to write and communicate in many voices, changing from one voice to another as quickly as you change from one project to another.
- You can rock an email headline.
- You can partner with both artists, administrators, and volunteers to ensure the message supports the concepts and strategy.
- You can juggle many projects at once.
- You are almost annoyingly attentive to detail.
- You love all things digital and are always looking for the next cool thing.
- You’re proactive, self-starting and always thinking.
- You’re ready to start/further your Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion journey
- You’re nice! Especially to the folks working with you.
The only thing you know for certain is that you don’t know it all, and relish the prospect of being a part of a learning organization.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects and to adjust to inevitable changes in timelines, deadlines, and project goals
- Ability to think creatively and with vision to develop plans that will increase awareness and improve public perception of Childsplay’s brand
- Ability to work well under pressure when required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Proficiency in reading, writing, and/or speaking Spanish
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign is a plus
- Previous experience with email services (e.g. Mailchimp, Constant Contact)
- Interest in the arts, non-profit sector and/or marketing and public relations
- Knowledge of both PC and Mac/Apple technology
- Ability to edit video if needed
- A sense of humor is a plus!
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
We offer a competitive wage based on industry standards. Childsplay has a casual office environment and dress code, and unlimited opportunities to develop creative and groundbreaking community engagement strategies.
No phone calls please. We will contact candidates whose skills and experience meet the requirements for this job. Childsplay is an equal opportunity employer and we value the diversity of our ensemble along with the community we serve. Due to our work in schools and with young people, all serious candidates must submit to fingerprinting and a background check.
APPLICATION & HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants must submit a cover letter and resume, plus the names, email addresses, and phone numbers of three professional references. Your cover letter and/or resume should clearly illustrate why you are a strong candidate. Indicate how your prior knowledge and experience meets minimum qualifications and prepares you to take on the primary duties of this position.
Materials can be submitted to: Averi Gutierrez, Director of Marketing & Media. Email submissions to email@example.com with the subject line: “Marketing & Media Assistant.” The position is open until filled; interviews will begin the week of June 7th. Please submit your application prior to June 7th to guarantee consideration for the position. No phone calls please.
Childsplay, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, color, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, or marital status.