Bay Area Children's Theatre / Oakland, CA06.20.19
Job Title: Marketing Manager
Reports to: Managing Director
Job Summary: Vibrant non-profit theatre company serving youth is seeking a Marketing Manager to manage all marketing and communications functions for the organization, including areas of social media, email marketing, print, advertising, and patron communication.
The duties of the Marketing and Communications Manager shall include but are not limited to the following:
- Plan and implement marketing strategy
- Manage and maintain marketing calendar and collaborate with the rest of the organization on marketing deadlines and needs
- Maintain excellence in organization branding
- Manage social media content & execution
- Manage & update BACT website
- E-mail communication strategy and execution for entire organization
- Brainstorm and consider new avenues of marketing
- Manage and collaborate with Graphic Designer
- Maintain and update mailing lists
- Organize list trades with other organizations
- Monitor Marketing budgets for Mainstage, Education Program, School Programs, and Development departments
- Maintain & manage blog/blogger program
- Oversee video content for the organization
- Organize the distribution of photography
- Problem-solve for and maintain excellent customer experience
- Manage marketing partnerships with other organizations
- Lead team of staff to achieve annual and long-range goals
- Cultivate an innovative working environment that enables growth in new technology and marketing practices to ensure the Theatre’s vitality
- Develop partnerships with other organizations to create cross-promotional opportunities
- Other marketing-related duties as needed by the organization
Ideal candidates will:
- Have a minimum of two years marketing experience (a plus if in theatre or non-profit sector)
- Have basic knowledge of:
Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc)
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Have strong time management skills and the ability to work independently
- Be comfortable working in a creative, collaborative environment
- Be comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Have strong problem-solving skills
Full-time salary DOE
To inspire young audiences with imaginative productions, introduce children of all backgrounds to the excitement of live theatre, and create an engaging, entertaining, and educational environment in which children and their families can explore and enjoy the arts.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At Bay Area Children’s Theatre, we embrace the joy and wonder of diversity and support equity and inclusion in all our endeavors, for only with diversity, equity and inclusion can we enrich our art, our workplace and the communities we serve.
BACT’s Culture Statement
As artists, arts educators and arts administrators, we share a cultural ideal and uphold values that make the Bay Area Children’s Theatre a uniquely satisfying place to work:
● Professionalism: We strive for excellence in all we do. We deliver on our commitments. We work collaboratively, and respect each other’s time. We admire and support each other’s skills and abilities, understanding that the diversity of our experience builds capacity and strengthens our overall creative impact. We are accountable for our actions and our decisions. We solve problems constructively and politely, with goodwill. We keep the company’s best interests in mind.
● Respect: We treat everyone as we would like to be treated. We think the best of each other and help each other succeed. We support each other’s artistic growth. We communicate kindly, openly and directly. We listen and respond to our patrons, and we are cognizant of the diversity in the communities we serve.
● Flexibility: We understand that working in the performing arts requires us to be nimble. We value positive outlooks and the ability to respond quickly and efficiently to unexpected needs. We focus on what we need to accomplish, and keep each other informed.
● Creativity: We know that the future of the company depends on the imagination and innovation we bring to our work. We welcome new ideas, and help create an atmosphere in which everyone feels empowered to grow artistically. We share the fun and excitement of everything we are doing.
Please send cover letter and résumé to Nina Meehan, Executive Artistic Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Graphic Design Search.”