Marketing and Sales Manager
Lexington Children's Theatre / Lexington, KY07.01.21
$27,000 – 30,000 + $7,000 benefits package (Health insurance and retirement match)
Position: Marketing and Sales Manager
Reports To: Director of Marketing and Analytics
Compensation: $27,000 – 30,000 + $7,000 benefits package (Health insurance and retirement match)
About Lexington Children’s Theatre:
Lexington Children’s Theatre’s (LCT) mission is to create imaginative and compelling theatre experiences for young people and families. Our vision is to impart, explore, foster, and develop artistry at all levels and ages in every theatrical discipline and educational opportunity through inclusive, diverse, equitable, and accessible programming and practice.
Now in its 83rd season, Lexington Children’s Theatre is the state youth theatre of Kentucky and serves over 120,000 young people and families in a season. Over the past year, LCT has maintained, and in many ways strengthened, its dedication to arts accessibility through streaming performances, virtual classes, and innovative ticketing models. As the company looks to once again welcome audiences to the theatre and travel to schools throughout the state via touring performances, the organization maintains its dedication to the vitality of storytelling and the role it can play in the lives of young people. It is through diverse, engaging, and imaginative stories, theatre for youth will impact the futures of our young people in support of a better tomorrow.
About the position:
LCT is seeking an organized, creative, and self-motivated marketing professional for our Marketing and Sales Manager. Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Analytics, this position is responsible for three primary areas: Tour and Retail Store Sales, Social Media
Management, and Marketing and Community Engagement. This individual works with the rest of the Arts Administration department to accomplish all marketing for the theatre and maintain sales through excellent patron communication and engagement.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a skilled storyteller, excited to work with a team to tell the story of Lexington Children’s Theatre through engaging and authentic communication.
- Serve as an ambassador for the theatre, strengthening LCT’s brand through social media, strategic communication, and community engagement.
- Be detail-oriented, organized, and able to successfully maintain multiple projects at once.
- Maintain excellent sales records and systems and be able to work towards a projected sales goal each year.
- Have social media management knowledge and experience.
- Function well as a part of LCT’s Arts Administration team.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
Sell and book all performances for LCT’s Touring Companies
- Cultivate relationships with teachers, site contacts, and venue managers throughout Kentucky and beyond with the objective of reaching projected sales goals each year.
- Supervise and train Associate Artists/Tour Managers in the completion of their administrative responsibilities.
Maintain and operate the LCT Retail Store
- Research and/or purchase/design potential items to sell at the LCT Retail Store to be open before and after designated productions.
- Create a budget of projected costs vs. projected sales.
- Work with the Audience Experience Associate to staff and secure volunteers for the Retail Store.
Social Media Management
- Maintain the LCT social media schedule on an ongoing basis, delegating content creation as needed and supervising/proofing all posts to ensure they are completed.
- Monitor accounts and offer constructive interaction with users.
- Work with the Director of Marketing and Analytics to envision and create successful social media campaigns that increase reach and engagement.
Marketing and Community Engagement
- Build relationships with local media outlets, schedule, and communicate all media interviews, appearances, and reviews.
- Work with the Audience Experience Associate under the supervision of the Director of Marketing and Analytics to create all marketing materials for the theatre.
- Schedule Discover More Events as needed in conjunction with shows.
- Assist in institutional graphic design as needed.
Knowledge, skills, abilities and preferred qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related professional experience.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized with strong personal initiative.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and competing demands.
- Experience with Adobe programs including Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, and InDesign a plus.
- Experience in Graphic Design a plus.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience. The range of benefits includes paid medical insurance, paid time off, a two-week holiday break, and retirement plan with employer match.
To Apply: Applicants interested in applying for this position must email cover letter, resume, and a marketing writing sample by July 21st to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you advance to a finalist for this position, successful completion of background screening will be required, including references.
No phone calls please.
Lexington Children’s Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, class, religion, country of origin, political belief, (dis)ability, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any factor protected by law. Members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.