Washington Pavillion / Sioux Falls, SD04.15.21
Lighting Operator – (PRN/As Needed)
Program and operate lighting systems for various events, shows and productions in multiple venues! This position must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
What you will get to do:
- Program and design for local dance companies
- Run lighting console for select performances
- Install and configure lighting plot
- Program and design for Dakota Academy of Performing Arts (DAPA)
- Ensure that the technical elements required in the department are placed properly and working correctly
- Provide advice and feedback to achieve premium quality of all technical elements during events
- Manage all production elements to ensure they are operating in a safe and industry accepted manner.
- Assist the load-in, rigging, set-up, execution, tear down and load-out of production equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Provide running crew support for any and all departments as required.
What you will need (qualifications)!
- Bachelor of Arts in Theatre and/or 3 years of professional experience in the field.
- Moderate to advanced knowledge in ETC EOS and/or GrandMa 2.
- General knowledge of entertainment electrical systems
- Knowledge of common entertainment industry practices and techniques
- Ability to work long hours when needed, primarily nights and weekends
What we offer you!
A fun, engaging culture with excellent compensation along with a few benefits for staff such as a free membership to Washington Pavilion + perks with tickets/discounts to shows/concerts etc, and a discount at Leonardo’s Café on-site, Washington Pavilion apparel, jeans on Fridays and much more!
If this is a great fit for you to work in an amazing place filled with creative energy and excitement, apply for it today!
EOE, Background Check
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.