HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
MCT, Inc. / Missoula, MT12.02.22
Range is $57,000 to $65,000 DOE
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER NEEDED:
MCT, Inc. (the Missoula Community Theatre & Missoula Children’s Theatre) has an opening for a full-time Human Resources Manager. We are looking for a professional with a passion for people who is eager to join an exciting mission-driven company. In this friendly, fast-paced, non-profit organization, the HRM oversees all human resources duties from benefits and company policies to employee relations, diversity, culture and well-being. Oversight duties include guiding the human resource responsibilities of the HR/IT Administrator.
Start date is on or before January 2, 2023
- Performs and/or oversees routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to benefits, leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Establishes and maintains positive professional relationships with managers and employees to promote a culture of open communication and support.
- Owns the recruiting process from beginning to end for both tour and local staff: posts open positions, reviews resumés, conducts phone screens, schedules and/or conducts interviews. Responds to employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors.
- Builds and ensures effective and robust people processes; including new hire orientation, onboarding, performance, engagement and benefit enrollment and administration.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies, procedure, practices, protocol and guidelines to maintain compliance. Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law. Experienced in legal risks assessment.
- Ensures company policies and practices are designed and implemented to promote and reinforce justice, equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace, address all forms of harassment and protect minority, marginalized employees.
- Ensures all MCT HR documents use non-discriminatory language; e.g. contracts, job descriptions, etc.
- Assists in developing and supporting MCT’s overall diversity efforts and goals and serves on company JEDI committee.
- Ability and commitment to act with integrity, professionalism, discretion and confidentiality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Sound judgment, patience, empathy and humor.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required, with 4+ years of well-rounded human resource management experience (or the equivalent). Arts/non-profit experience/background highly desirable. Proficiency with HRIS and/or talent management systems a plus. SHRM certification is preferred but not required.
Compensation: Annual salary range is $57,000 to $65,000 DOE. Benefits are competitive.
To apply: Please email letter of interest and resume to vlarson@MCTinc.org. No phone calls please.
MCT is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to equity, diversity, inclusion and justice in our organization and our community, and thus we seek a broad spectrum of employees. We strongly encourage and welcome applicants who are Black, Indigenous or People of Color, as well as those who are from other underrepresented communities.