HR & Payroll Manager
Childsplay, Inc. / Tempe, AZ08.31.22
Ever wanted to feel like you were a part of something exciting? Childsplay, a professional theatre for young audiences in Tempe, Arizona, seeks an energetic and detail oriented individual to join our administrative team as the HR & Payroll Manager.
In this role, the HR & Payroll Manager is part of a staff that celebrates learning and creativity, encourages innovation, and provides multiple opportunities for professional growth. The work at Childsplay is rewarding. We offer a family environment and the fulfillment of working for a company with a real mission to improve the lives of young people through the arts.
· Develop an in depth knowledge of Childsplay’s programs and work collaboratively to ensure an equitable and productive environment for all
· Complete bi-weekly payroll, benefit, and PTO processing utilizing a third party payroll service ensuring employee file maintenance benefit reconciliation
· Assist with new job postings including standardizing contract language and interview process
· Process new hires through payroll system including I-9, E-Verify, background checks, and any other required system as needed
· Oversee worker’s comp insurance program including reporting, claims oversight, and safety
· Act as the COVID-19 Officer ensuring and securing testing requirements and enforcing vaccine requirements
· Maintain compliant, safe and productive work spaces including updating employee guidebook, maintaining notices and signage, and managing communication platforms
· Participate in the development and implementation of employee trainings in EDI topics such as anti-harassment and anti-racist practices
· Assist with performance reviews, terminations, and conflict resolution as needed
· Complete grant, industry, federal, and state reporting
· Participate in annual budgeting, audit and tax form creation
The ideal candidate will possess:
· A bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (i.e. accounting/finance/HR/payroll, non-profit management) and a minimum 2 years of professional experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience
· Experience with payroll processing
· Experience with Microsoft Office applications especially Excel
· High level of integrity and discretion
· Excellent time management and organizational skills with ability to manage multiple tasks, deadlines and priorities
· Ability to communicate effectively across diverse personalities and departments
· Spanish proficient a plus
· A valid driver’s license OR ability to obtain transportation as needed
· Background check is required
You’ll be a great fit if:
· You stay cool under pressure and can laugh easily
· You are dedicated to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
· You are self-directed and eager to grow. When given a starting point, you are comfortable stepping up and taking ownership.
· You are always learning and enthusiastic about being part of an evolving organization.
· You thrive in collaborative environments
· You have a passion for the arts, education, and Childsplay’s mission and the ability to advocate for arts and youth in our community.
This is a full time non-exempt position of 35 hours per week. Salary is $45,000 annually plus benefits. Childsplay has a casual office environment and dress code. The company offers multiple meaningful opportunities for professional development and learning for all employees.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume via email with the subject line HR & Payroll Manager Application to Ellen Conn at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. We will contact candidates whose skill sets, education, and experience meets the requirements for the job.
Childsplay values equity, diversity, and inclusion throughout our organization, programs and audiences. We are committed to giving underrepresented artists a safe space to create art and community. By welcoming people with differences in religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, class, gender identity, ability, and age we are better able to celebrate that which brings humankind together: imagination and wonder.
Founded in 1977, Childsplay’s mission is “to create theatre so strikingly original in form, content or both, that it instills in young people an enduring awe, love, and respect for the medium, thus preserving imagination and wonder, those hallmarks of childhood, that are the keys to the future.”
Please visit our website at www.childsplayaz.org for additional information about the company, our programs, and our work in the community.