Washington Pavillion / Sioux Falls, SD04.15.21
Washington Pavilion Management, Inc seeks a Head Electrician who will serve as the facility’s leader in the field of entertainment lighting and power distribution. This individual will assist in the supervision, scheduling and coordination of house crews.
Who we are:
The Washington Pavilion is the region’s home for the arts, science, entertainment and education. Located in a beautifully-renovated, historic building in downtown Sioux Falls, it is one of only a few facilities in the world to bring together under one roof the performing arts, visual arts and interactive science.
What you will do!
- Lead preparation, set-up, execution, and strike of all lighting and power distribution elements for both event and non-event related activities.
- Assist, and occasionally lead, the preparation, set-up, execution, and strike of other production related elements including, but not limited to, audio, video, staging, rigging, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of any required support spaces.
- Ensure that all lighting and power distribution elements required are placed properly and working correctly.
- Ensure that all production elements are operating in a safe and industry accepted manner.
- Provide advice and feedback to touring electrician personnel to achieve premium visual quality of all lighting elements for all events.
- Lead the load-in, rigging, set up, execution, tear down, and load-out of lighting and power distribution equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Assist, and occasionally lead, the load-in, rigging, set up, execution, tear down, and load-out of other production elements.
- Supply running crew support for any and all departments as required.
Assist in restoring performance and support spaces to their pre-event configurations.
Report any equipment problem, or failures to the Production Manager.
What you need – qualifications!
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in the field of entertainment lighting and power distribution.
- Must have a strong knowledge of common lighting and power distribution equipment, practices, and techniques.
- Moving light and LED programming preferred.
- Knowledge of general technical theatre and entertainment industry practices.
- Willingness to learn techniques and procedures is essential.
- Ability to work long hours when needed.
- Must have and maintain a positive attitude, tolerance of diversity, and respect for coworkers, and artists (professional or amateur).
- Physical ability to move throughout the entirety of the Washington Pavilion building, stand for long periods of time, climb stairs frequently, bend, reach, and lift up to 60 pounds.
What we offer you!
A fun, engaging culture with excellent compensation + an attractive full benefits package: Medical, Dental, Vision, AFLAC, Life Insurance/STD/LTD paid by employer, Employee Assistance Program, 401K with a great match, Paid Time Off (includes personal/sick/holidays), free membership to Washington Pavilion + perks such as discounts on tickets/shows/events, and a discount at Leonardo’s Café on-site, Washington Pavilion apparel, jeans on Fridays and fun special events for staff!
If this is a great fit for you to work in an amazing place filled with creative energy and excitement, apply for it today!
EOE, Background Check
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.