Full Time: Theater Director
Yocum Institute for Arts Education / West Lawn, PA07.12.23
$40,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year
An exciting opportunity to join an established arts education organization looking to expand opportunities and grow with the community we serve.
General job description overall duties include but are not limited to:
Overseeing and managing all aspects of production and artistic curation within Yocum Institute for Arts Education Theater program including:
- Season selection, hiring of staff (teaching artists, production teams and additional support staff as needed); candidate could potentially direct shows, perform as an artist and be involved in an on stage capacity
- Commissioning and development of new works; champion these new works from its inception to production, seeing each project through-in all aspects-from start to finish
- Budgeting and working with Yocum Institute colleagues including the Executive Director, to secure funding and other sources of revenue including grants
- Outreach and development in the expansion of theatre partnerships and programming within the surrounding community; goal is to always be on the lookout to identify and pursue long term cultural impact opportunities to enhance the community in which the Yocum Institute serves.
- Provide administrative, organizational and artistic support as a valued partner representing the Theatre Program in all aspects of the Yocum Institute (not limited to troubleshooting, evaluating and recalibrating programming)
- Collaborating and assisting in other duties as assigned by the Executive Director and working with Yocum Institute staff in an ongoing supportive manner.
Ability to commute/relocate: West Lawn, PA 19609: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
License/Certification: Background Checks – FBI, PA Criminal and Child Abuse Clearance required for all staff and faculty
Driver’s License (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
The Yocum Institute for Arts Education is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, gender designation, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Please email letter of interest and resume to Executive Director, Susan Rohn SRohn@yocuminstitute.org