Treasure Valley Children's Theater / Boise, Idaho06.02.23
JOB POSTING: TVCT EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Treasure Valley Children’s Theater is currently seeking a qualified candidate to fill their Executive Director role. The Executive Director is responsible for overall management of Treasure Valley Children’s Theater (TVCT) and carrying out the philosophy and objectives established by the governing board; is directly responsible for business development, fundraising, guiding the direction and facilitation of creative, robust performing arts education curriculum in a variety of disciplines that delivers upon the mission of TVCT.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Serves as the primary decision maker for the organization and meets routinely with Governing Board and division/project personnel to review processes, procedures, reports, consult and advise on overall Organization functions and activities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working Closely with Governing Board in Developing and Directing Organizational Strategy
- Directing and Overseeing Financial Operations
- Spearheading and Management of all Fundraising and Marketing Efforts
- Engaging with Community Groups
- Supervising and Streamlining Operations
- Aligning Employees with Company Goals and Objectives
- Directing TVCT Education Programs
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or Theater Management or a related field – or equivalent experiences in professional, nonprofit environments.
- Experience: 5+ years of related experience in workplace management, fundraising, nonprofit organizations, working with youth, and theatrical event production.
- Technical theater and/or theater production experience.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills in speaking and writing.
- Flexible schedule.
- Ability to work in the TVCT facility a minimum of 50% of the scheduled work hours.
- Training in First Aid, CPR, AED or other medical response.
- Able to interact with others in languages other than English, including Spanish and American Sign Language.
- Experience working with various populations, i.e., early childhood, students with disabilities, English Language Learners, etc.
For complete job description please visit TreasureValleyChildrensTheater.com/about
To apply, please submit a current CV or resume and cover letter outlining your qualifications and interest in the position to the Board of Directors at BOD@treasurevalleychildrenstheater.com. The application deadline is June 23, 2023.