Education & Engagement Coordinator
Asolo Repertory Theatre / Sarasota, FL06.17.21
Education & Engagement Coordinator
A small but mighty department, Asolo Rep Education & Engagement is in the process of building new and artistically rich programming both online and in-person. We are developing accessible and inclusive theatrical experiences with and for artists of all ages, races, genders, abilities, cultures, and communities. We believe that theatre is for everyone and that the arts are a connector and a catalyst for challenging conversations.
The Education & Engagement Coordinator is the administrative backbone of the department’s programming, building and supporting sustainable processes and procedures that are responsive to the needs of the department, the organization, and the community.
Essential Job Responsibilities Include:
- Project Management of specific programs:
- logistical processes for BardWired Tour
- logistical processes Student Series performances
- administration and development of the Career Development Program, etc.
- Developing and maintaining processes and procedures for program communication, evaluation, and data tracking.
- Working with box office and marketing to build sustainable and accessible registration and data collection through Tessitura.
- Devising budget tracking and management processes for the department in collaboration with the department director. Includes:
- Contracting Teaching Artists and other Artistic Guests.
- Tracking communications, contracts, and payments
- Processing and tracking appropriate financial department paperwork for receipts, mileage, and transportation subsidy requests.
- Helping to build and manage financial aid/scholarship processes in collaboration with Education community partners as part of the Theatre for All initiative.
- Communicating and collaborating interdepartmentally on reporting, scheduling, and planning.
- Administrator for camps and classes.
- Tracking communications, paperwork, and schedules.
- Representing Asolo Rep at relevant Education & Engagement events.
- Working with Education & Engagement and IllumiNation committees.
- Sending communications, taking minutes, booking meetings.
The Coordinator works collaboratively with the Education & Engagement Director and Education & Engagement Associate. This role has room for deepening of responsibilities as the programming and department grow in our community. Essential Job Responsibilities will be assessed on a semi-annual basis through employee check-ins. These check-ins may allow responsibilities to adjust in order to ensure that the needs of the department and needs of the individual employee are being met.
Transferrable Skills and Knowledge:
- A working knowledge of Tessitura, or another CSM.
- Interest and experience in data management and data analysis.
- Interest and experience in tracking
- Strategic thinker with experience in building processes and procedures for a department.
- A creative problem solver and collaborator with a commitment to working towards a safe, welcoming, and empowering environment for all of our participants in all of our programs.
- Outstanding administrative and organizational skills with high attention to detail and accuracy. Must be able to set priorities, coordinate multiple projects, meet deadlines.
- Strong customer service and verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook).
- Knowledge of and desire to develop processes through digital platforms such as Teams, Basecamp, Google Classroom, Zoom, StreamYard.
- Bonus: Experience working in Non-Profit, Education, Higher Ed, and/or Theatre/Performing Arts.
- Bonus: Experience working with and communicating with families and schools.
We recognize that some candidates feel demotivated to reach out or apply to a position if they don’t fit every qualification of an application. We know that candidates offer skills and abilities beyond those that are listed and encourage you to apply.
COMPENSATION: $40,000-$43,000 yearly
Asolo Rep offers benefits that increase along with tenure, including health, dental, and vision insurance, a 403(b) retirement plan and paid vacation and sick leave. The Theatre provides a diverse, congenial, and supportive environment conducive to professional growth.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Asolo Repertory Theatre is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
ABOUT ASOLO REPERTORY THEATRE
Asolo Repertory Theatre, Florida’s premier professional theatre, is one of the most important cultural forces in the Southeastern United States. A center for theatrical excellence, Asolo Rep stages up to fifteen productions every season, spanning a diverse repertoire of newly commissioned plays, bold reinterpretations of contemporary and classical works, and provocative new musical theatre experiences. OUR MISSION is to engage and inspire audiences with extraordinary theatrical experiences created with vision, passion and artistry and enhanced by deeply integrated education and community engagement programs.
ASOLO REP’S COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, INCLUSION, AND ACCESS
Asolo Rep is committed to becoming a more inclusive, diverse, and anti-racist institution at all levels. In order to intentionally address injustice and racism we believe theatre must become a leading force in telling the stories of our time to inform and influence a better future. We will reflect upon our past, investigate our current course of action, and develop a responsive and sustainable plan to break down barriers to access and challenge racism and bias within our institution and our community. To learn more, please go here: https://www.asolorep.org/about/idea
OUR COMMITMENT TO HEALTH & SAFETY
Asolo Rep is committed to the safety and well-being of all of our creative & productions teams, performers, patrons, and staff. We have worked hard to put in place specific measures that will ensure that our experiences are safe and comfortable for everyone. Please click here for an example of the 2020-2021 Terrace Stage Season Patron Health & Safety Protocols: https://asolorep.production.carbonhouse.com/visit/healthandsafetycovid19
How to Apply:
Applications are only accepted though our website portal. Please visit www.asolorep.org, under “About / Work With Us”.