StageOne Family Theatre / Louisville, KY05.11.21
StageOne Family Theatre is hiring an Education Director
StageOne Family Theatre is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse community of staff and students. Our commitment to diversity means not only fostering an inclusive workplace but also welcoming and honoring the unique backgrounds, personalities and capabilities of each person on our staff.
StageOne is an equal opportunity employer and we especially encourage individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups to apply.
Mission: StageOne Family Theatre fosters empathy and sparks the imagination of young people and their families through the transformative power of live theatre.
We believe live theatre is essential to the development of every human being, especially children. Therefore, StageOne Family Theatre removes financial, cultural or geographic barriers to a quality arts experience.
Core Values: Artistic Excellence, Communication, Radical Hospitality, Diversity, Education, Financial Sustainability, Respect and Fun
Classification: Year-round, 40 hours per week, FTE
Salary Range: 45-48K
Reports to: Associate Artistic Director
Accountability: The Education Director is accountable to the Associate Artistic Director for setting and achieving Education goals based on organizational priorities as laid out by Producing Artistic Director and Board of Directors
Role Within the Organization: The Education Director works with and stewards the resources of Education staff and StageOne staff, artists, volunteers and community partners to nurture the Mission and Core Values of the Organization.
Responsibilities: The Education Director oversees and facilitates the operation of the Education Department for StageOne Family Theatre and manages financial and human resources by:
- Developing and implementing long-term vision, goals and plans for Education programs
- Developing and tracking budgets for all Education programs and activities
- Developing and implementing assessment tools to evaluate the efficacy of Education programs and activities
- Preparing and communicating summaries, reports and other information for education programs
- Maintaining familiarity with state and local curriculum and assessment and current trends in theatre education
- Developing marketing strategies and materials for all education programming in coordination with the Marketing and Patron Services Departments
- Promoting and publicizing StageOne education programs to the general public
- Planning, coordinating and implementing the Theatre Education Programs and conceiving and implementing drama-based curriculum in both
- In-school and in community centers youth residencies & workshops
- Programs for individual youth in public classes
- Oversee the development of study/performance guides for StageOne productions
- Assist Development Department in investigating and pursuing funding to continue and expand the Theatre Education programs
- Providing radical hospitality in customer service at all times
- Maintaining a welcoming, respectful and fun environment of diverse educators and artists in all programs
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Theatre or Theatre Education or equivalent experience. Masters preferred
- Minimum of 3 years experience in the field of theatre education
- Knowledge of arts education programs and issues
- Ability to travel and work nights and weekends
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills
- Positive outlook and growth mindset
- Commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
- Experience working with teachers and schools
- Experience presenting arts programs in a variety of community settings
- Artistic experience in theatre
- Familiarity with multiple computer systems
StageOne Family Theatre is committed to attracting, hiring and retaining employees who reflect the cultural diversity of its community. The Theatre maintains that every employee has the right to work in a respectful environment that is free from discrimination, consistent with the organization’s commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and respect. This commitment extends to all aspects of the employment relationship.
For more information, please visit: https://stageone.org/get-involved/employment/
To apply please send a resume and sample lesson plan to General Manager, Kate Gipson at email@example.com