TADA! Youth Theater / New York, NY12.08.20
JOB DESCRIPTION: Remote Education Assistant
OUR EDUCATION MISSION: To provide innovative, engaging, accessible, and high-quality musical theater programming that educates, inspires, and empowers students regardless of race, ethnicity, class, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ability, nationality, and immigration status.
What makes us unique?
• A leader in the arts education field for over 35 years with innovative and responsive programming that adapts to the evolving landscape of our community and world
• Specializing in musical theater training and co-creating original work
• Team-taught model with two Professional Teaching Artists in each class
• Student-centered learning at the heart of our pedagogical practices
• Commitment to develop, build, and foster social-emotional life skills
• Offering year-round programming onsite and online for students of all ages and abilities
• Providing in-school residencies and after-school programs where we integrate the arts with academic subjects or school core values for students pre-k through high school
• Supporting, growing, and funding the mission of TADA! Youth Theater
• Artistic Excellence: We value creating high-quality, innovative, professional musical theater programs that inspire, transform, empower, challenge, and engage students from all over the world.
• Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Justice (DEIJ): We value and commit to providing every interested child regardless of race, ethnicity, class, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ability, nationality, and immigration status, an affordable way to experience the joy of musical theater.
• Nurture Creativity: We value creating an environment that encourages and supports creativity. Through supportive methodology rooted in imagination, we see growth in students’ self-expression, risk-taking, and self-confidence.
• Ensemble: We value an ensemble-based environment where students collaborate as a team and work together respectfully and creatively. We want every student to feel safe to explore and express themselves and their identity. By exploring the depths of others and cultivating empathy, students find space for their true selves to shine.
• Student Voice: We value and encourage students to share their voice and be heard. We want our students to feel seen, heard, and learn to advocate for themselves.
• Culture of Growth: We value creating a safe and supportive culture of growth where students feel empowered to take risks and explore their interests and identities at their own pace in order to grow into kind, empathetic human beings.
• Innovative & Responsive Programming: We value creating responsive programs that serve the changing needs of our students, families, and partners. We serve all ages and abilities, and engage our students with innovative, relevant, and authentic learning and programming.
• Fun: We value sharing the joy and fun of musical theater with our students every day.
Education Assistant Details:
TADA! seeks a dynamic, outgoing, proactive arts administrator who aligns with our mission, values, and vision to join the education department remotely this winter.
• Dates: January 11th – April 23rd (15 weeks)
• Hours: 15 hours/week
Mondays: 1pm – 6pm, Tuesdays 12:30pm – 5:30pm, and Wednesdays 1pm – 6pm
• Compensation: $15/hour
• Reports to: Assistant Director of Education
• Key Responsibilities:
Class preparation (e.g. draft and send emails, send permission and health forms, create class Zoom links, create class Google forms, enter classes into Google calendar, etc.)
Compiling class data (e.g. compile health and emergency contact forms; attendance sheets, enrollment sizes/ages/etc.)
Create class Youtube playlists o Create Class certificates
Admin Online classes, camps, and workshops via Zoom (troubleshoot tech issues, support teaching artists, manage student issues in class)
Assist with parent correspondence regarding class information
Administer exemplary service with all customer interactions
Additional duties as assigned that supports the smooth operation of the department
Manage registrations/temporary contacts
Enter and maintain Education Department Google Calendar
With Education Staff, assist with creating and revising education department paperwork for the new fiscal year
Monitor onsite class registrations (e.g., wait lists, cancellations, class sizes, payment plans, extensions, credits, refunds, and financial aid)
Create and oversee financial aid and payment plans for all onsite programs
Complete & send education weekly financial report
Assist with Teaching Artist Payroll
Various small projects
Strong commitment and interest in musical theater and arts education
Professional training/experience in arts administration and/or bachelor’s degree
Align with TADA!’s mission and values
Collaborative Mindset – interact successfully with a wide range of personalities including staff, students, teaching artists, and the general public
Proactive in supporting all aspects of the Education Department and actively participate, problem-solve, and assist in the overall goals of the department
Proficiency in Zoom, Google Suite, YouTube, and computer programs that work in word processing, databases and spreadsheets
Commit to the consistent schedule outlined above.
TADA! Youth Theater is committed to building and fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of the vastly diverse students, families, and communities we serve. As an antiracist and multicultural organization, we are committed to hiring BIPOC Teaching Artists, candidates from underrepresented racial or ethnic groups, people with disabilities, and LGBTQIA+ individuals who align with our mission, vision, and department values. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or veteran status.
TADA! is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization.
Application Deadline: Thursday, December 15th
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to EG Engle, Assistant Director of Education at email@example.com as well as complete the TADA! Teaching Artists application using the google link: https://forms.gle/q4zLpYzLASPJNR377