Director of Development
Children's Theatre of Cincinnati / Cincinnati, OH03.15.19
- Do you have a passion about education and the power of theatre?
- Do you have new, creative fundraising strategies to bring to an organization?
- Have you played a leadership role in successful fundraising campaigns?
- Do you love planning special events?
About The Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati (TCT):
TCT’s mission is to educate, entertain and engage audiences of all ages through professional theatrical productions and arts education programming. We fulfill our mission through three primary programs:
TCT MainStage at the Taft Theatre – We welcome 102,000 children, teachers, and family members from across the Tri-State, to one of our four family-friendly and professional musical theatre productions at the historic Taft.
TCT On Tour – We see over 83,000 children and their families at one of our touring performances or during an arts-integration workshop or residency.
TCT Academy – Over 1,200 children will be provided fine arts instruction, including the group that participates in the four-week intensive summer NKU STAR Intensive where we offer professional musical theatre training to some of the region’s most talented youth.
Vision: To awaken a lifelong love of theatre in children and the young at heart.
We believe in the power of theatre to enrich lives and create deeper understandings of people, cultures, and perspectives.
We believe that our audiences deserve high quality experiences that are rich with wonder, honesty, compassion, joy, and wisdom.
We believe that the arts and education are not mutually exclusive.
We believe that the art we create must respect the diversity of our community.
We believe in the power of integrated arts education to enrich our lives and our communities.
The Development Director will assist the organization in fulfilling its mission of educating, entertaining and engaging audiences of all ages through professional theatrical productions and arts education programming. A successful Development Director will not only lead TCT internally to achieve its mission, but will be an active advocate in the community, fostering and developing strategic relationships with community organizations/partners. The Development Director of The Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati (TCT) reports directly to the Managing Director & CEO. The Development Director will directly manage two Development Managers, one Corporate Relationship Manager, and one Logistics and Volunteers Manager.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Goal Setting, Benchmarking and Financial Oversight
- Helps to set and monitor institutional fundraising/contributed income goals each season and manage budgets
- Benchmarks and monitors progress of fundraising campaigns in relation to goals outlined in the organizational Budget/Strategic Plan
- Annual Fund
- Develops plan for solicitation of annual fund gifts from individuals (new and renewing) each season
- Corporate and Foundation Giving
- Identifies and cultivates corporations and foundations for involvement with TCT
- Manages all reporting requirements as dictated by participation in ArtsWave
- Government Support
- Generates all local, state and federal funding applications
- Generates all reporting requirements and records
- Special Events
- Directly responsible for the Monster Bash (annual) and Glass Slipper Gala (every other year) and serves as the liaison between the staff and the committees
In fulfilling their duties, the Development Director will:
- Work closely with the Managing Director & CEO and Development Manager to fulfill the mission of TCT.
- Be an advocate for TCT in the community.
- Consistently and accurately articulate the philosophy and policies of TCT to the staff, patrons, and general public.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in nonprofit development or related field; or bachelor’s degree and equivalent training through practical business experience.
- Prior development experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead annual and ongoing development efforts.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
For more information, please send a brief cover letter and resume to Garry Horton at email@example.com.