Digital Services Associate
New 42 / NYC Metro; Hybrid: Remote with some on site work10.19.22
CLASSIFICATION: Regular, Full-Time
PAY BASIS: Full-Time/Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Associate Director of Digital Services
New 42 catalyzes the power of performing arts to spark new perspectives, incubate new works and create new opportunities for us all. Through the nonprofit’s signature projects — New Victory Theater (New York City’s premier theater for kids and families) and New 42 Studios (“Broadway’s secret laboratory”) — New 42 makes extraordinary performing arts a vital part of everyone’s life, from the earliest years onward.
We believe that representation matters both on the stage and behind the scenes, and seek employees who feel the same. We also know that creative people often come with non-traditional resumes and experience; if you believe you’d be a great fit here, please don’t count yourself out—we want to hear from you! Read more below on how to apply.
The Digital Services Associate supports all aspects of digital marketing including email campaigns, web content and application maintenance for New 42 and its projects (New Victory Theater and New 42 Studios) including New Victory On Demand. They are primarily responsible for: crafting institutional email campaigns, monitoring and reporting on success metrics and supporting online marketing strategies. Most work performed remotely during normal business hours (9:30am-6pm ET) with occasional onsite work and work outside of normal business hours if needed.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Draft and deploy email campaigns
- Build lists and support segmentation management and data integrity
- Manage pre- and post-event and other triggered email campaigns
- Assist in compliance oversight and deployment of email campaigns including QA for content best practices and technical and accessibility requirements
- Serve as primary support resource for departmental email users
- Monitor and circulate email campaign results
- Update web content (including blog) and serve as a proofreader for the web
- Syndicate web content to supplemental platforms, including New Victory On Demand
- Assist with Education Programs web management, including Resource Units
- Organize, categorize and document the use of digital assets (e.g. media, design elements, etc.)
- Attend and assist at organizational events (e.g. street fairs, community events) as part of team as needed
- Support administrative tasks as needed
- WORDPRESS, WORDFLY, TNEW/TESSITURA Power User
- Actively engage and participate in ongoing Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Accessibility work within the organization, including the centering of anti-oppressive practices within the Digital Services department for the advancement of New 42 as an anti-racist organization.
Essential Knowledge & Qualifications
- Excellent interpersonal skills and desire to work within a team environment
- Keen attention to detail
- Knowledge of content management, project management, and/or email marketing systems a plus
- Proficiency with Google Suite and Microsoft Office 2010 applications
- Knowledge of related technologies (HTML/XHTML, CSS, etc.)
Why Should I Apply?
New 42 provides employees with a generous benefits package which includes health, vision, and dental insurance (that begins the first day of employment), a pension plan (following one year of employment with 100% vesting after 3 years eligible service), 403(b)
tax-deferred savings plan, short and long-term disability, Flexible Spending Account, a commuter benefit plan, and generous paid time off.
Equal Opportunity Employer
New 42 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind: New 42 is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. New 42 is committed to anti-oppressive practices in all departmental business processes; we aim to prioritize and advance as an anti-racist and anti-oppressive organization.
Any applicants needing accommodations for accessibility purposes, please don’t hesitate to let us know what you need.
Notes from Human Resources
For the safety of our guests and staff, New 42 requires employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, which includes booster(s) as eligible. Documentation of vaccination status must be provided if an offer of employment is made.
How To Apply
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “Digital Services Associate” in the subject line.