Development Manager – Data and Finance
The Children's Theatre of Cincinnati / Cincinnati, OH07.18.23
The Development Manager Data and Finance will assist the Development and Finance Teams and the organization in fulfilling its mission of educating, entertaining and engaging our young audiences through professional theatrical productions and arts education programming. A successful Development Manager Data and Finance will not only lead TCT internally to achieve its mission, but will be an active advocate in the community, fostering and developing strategic relationships with community organizations/partners. The Development Manager Data and Finance of The Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati (TCT) reports directly to the Development Director with direction/oversight from the Finance Director.
Developing, analyzing, organizing, cleaning and reporting of data in the donor database system and QuickBooks as it relates to individuals, organizations and corporations involved with advancing the mission of TCT. This includes the practice of developing and maintaining quality data management procedures for the Development, Marketing and Sales Departments.
- Participate in setting and monitoring fundraising goals
- Assist in preparation of fundraising/development calendar
Strategic Plan Review and Timely Update
- Work with Managing Director & CEO to facilitate regular reviews of TCT OGSP Scorecard
- Connect with Strategy Leaders for updated numbers and assist as needed
- Assist/manage data pool for campaign
- Assist in design and pull of progress reports throughout fiscal year as needed
Board Contributions and Relations
- Send out all Board and Executive Committee calendar invites, track attendance, order lunch and set the room including copies of all Board Meeting materials sent ahead
- Responsible for New Board Member onboarding process including one or more events, new member information in online system and scheduling individual meetings with Managing Director & CEO
- Maintain information in Spektrix tracking contact preferences, board involvement and participation
- Maintain information for Grants on demographics and hours for Board Members
- Assist Managing Director & CEO with sending and collecting of annual Board surveys, conflict of interest forms and payment of Board Dues
Recordkeeping & Data Management
- Timely Gift entry into Spektrix for all financial and in-kind gifts associated with individuals, corporations and organizations at any gift level.
- Prepare acknowledgement letters for each gift within 48 hours of receipt.
- Royal Supporters – Prepare and provide list for review for each MainStage production program. Manage deadlines to ensure timely submission.
- Ensure regular communications with Finance Director to be sure timely receipt of ACH gifts, stock gifts, etc.
- QuickBooks entry of daily Spektrix deposits (details to be coordinated with Finance Director)
- Develop and support effort to define and review stats for reporting and grant purposes.
- Prepare reports as needed to reconcile with Finance Manager, General Ledger and/or QuickBooks.
- Build and run database reports on a regular schedule and mailing lists for donor solicitations and pledge management.
- Assist with providing timely Calendar Year End Statements for donors as requested.
- Perform regular data hygiene reviews to maintain high-quality recordkeeping.
Special Events, Raffles and Auctions
- Assist Development Team with appropriate data information gathering forms to support events, raffles and auctions
- Record items/experiences and associated details/descriptions gathered by Director of Development and Development Manager Grants and Corporate Partnerships
- Timely entry of Online Auction items in Bidding for Good Auction Software
- Timely entry of donor and gift details associated with events, raffles and auctions in Spektrix and QuickBooks
- Prepare gift acknowledgements for individuals, organizations or companies supporting events, raffles and auctions
- Ensure financial reporting is synchronized between Finance and Development
- Build and/or update records with volunteer contact information, activities and details
- Maintain demographics for volunteers and hours for grants and statistics.
- Assist with volunteer recruitment through the UC Volunteer System and any other volunteer portals discovered
- Assist Director of Development with regular Spektrix reports to demonstrate progress and/or growth opportunities for individual giving
- Assist with pledge management in Spektrix for Annual or Capital gift commitments
- Assist in setup and support of special donor events as needed
Ideal and Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in nonprofit development or related field; and/or equivalent training through practical business experience
- Prior development experience
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience with Database management/CRM application software
- Experience with Spektrix (ticketing/donor software) a plus but not required.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary range: $45,000-$55,000
- Health, vision and dental benefits available after a waiting period. Health insurance premiums paid by TCT at 100% for employee only high deductible plan.
- 403(b) retirement plan participation available with eligibility for an employer match after one year of credited service.
- Generous PTO accrual based on years of service (five weeks paid vacation in first year).
- Generous paid holiday schedule.
- Additional paid time off between December Holidays and New Year’s (Winter Break).
- Flexible schedule opportunities and hybrid work opportunity.
The Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati believes the stories on our stages and the work we do behind the scenes must reflect the diverse communities we serve. We believe inclusive work cultures spark wide-ranging, exploratory conversations and learning. Therefore, we strongly welcome and encourage people from all backgrounds, identities, abilities, and ages to apply as we continue our commitment to diversity and build an inclusive environment at TCT.
TO APPLY: Qualified candidates should submit whatever they feel best reflects their qualifications. This can come in the form of a video, cover letter/resume, portfolio, and/or demo reels. (Files should be less than 3MB in total, links are welcome). No phone calls, please.
Please submit materials and any references by Friday August 18, 2023, to Director of Development, Anne Venters at email@example.com. Subject Line: DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – DATA AND FINANCE 2023