Bay Area Children's Theatre / Oakland, CA11.06.18
Position: Development Director Reports to Executive Artistic Director
Location: Oakland, California
About the Bay Area Children’s Theatre
Bay Area Children’s Theatre is a vibrant company that comprises a rapidly growing theatre for young audiences’ program and a theatre education program children ages 2-16. BACT serves children all over the San Francisco Bay Area with nationally recognized work for family audiences. Its mission is to inspire young audiences with imaginative productions, introduce children of all backgrounds to the excitement of live theatre, and create an engaging, entertaining, and educational environment in which children and their families can explore and enjoy the arts.
As artists, arts educators and arts administrators, we share a cultural ideal and uphold values that make the Bay Area Children’s Theatre a uniquely satisfying place to work:
About the Position
The Development Director is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of BACT’s fundraising including, the major gifts program, annual fund, planned giving, special events, and capital campaigns. The Director works closely with The Executive Artistic Director and the Board of Directors in all development and fundraising endeavors.
The duties of the Development Director include but are not limited to the following:
● Oversee BACT’s annual fundraising plan including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
● Direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives.
● Secure financial support from individuals, foundations, and corporations
● Manage and oversee staff responsible for data entry and gift processing
● Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
● Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major donors.
● Oversee the organization of special events
● Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
● Steward relationships with Foundation and Corporate Donors
● Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
● Develop a planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies.
● Direct employee fundraising drives.
● Oversee prospect research.
● Work closely with BACT’s Executive Artistic Director, and Board of Directors.
● Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about BACT with the community.
● Staff Board Development Committee meetings.
● Supervise and collaborate with other fundraising staff.
● Oversee creation of publications to support fundraising activities.
● Maintain gift recognition programs.
● Perform other related duties as requested.
Competitive Salary, Subsidized healthcare and flexible time off, enjoyable work environment.
If your interested in applying for this position please submit a resume and cover letter to Armando E. Zumaya, Consulting and Training. Email AandAEastBay@outlook.com . Please under no circumstances contact the Bay Area Children’s Theatre about this position.