Development & Communications Manager
24th Street Theatre / Los Angeles, CA07.11.19
24th Street Theatre, a respected non-profit arts organization in Los Angeles for over two decades, seeks an experienced Education Coordinator to maintain 24th Street’s high quality arts education programs.
The Education Coordinator is a full time position. 24th Street Theatre’s Education Coordinator reports directly to the Executive Director and Artistic Director and will oversee all aspects of booking and managing and growing 24th Street’s arts education programs in schools.
24th Street Theatre Vision and Philosophy
We believe that the young people we reach today will grow up to be active participants in their communities who are notable for their generosity, independent thinking, and passion for the arts. We envision a change in the culture of Los Angeles: people animated by a greater sense of inter-connectedness, empathy and humanity. The components of that vision include:
- Bringing families together so that outstanding shared artistic experiences give families substantive topics for conversations.
- Creating consistently great theatre (in both performance and in education) in a compassionate space where we hold a responsibility for the well-being of our community.
- A place where neighborhood residents come for inspiration — the shows, the programs, the kids, the parents. People leave with their hearts full, and, over time, with their lives changed.
- 24th ST is a destination for community gatherings, and the diversity of the community is evident. Because the doors are open it’s clear that everyone is welcome, and sees each other as equal. We function in many ways as a secular church, where people are creating community through shared experiences with powerful theatre.
- Artistically excellent, sophisticated theatre, including Spanish-language work, national and international touring, and deep and powerful teaching in the arts.
- World-class artists who share our vision are strongly connected to the theatre. Our plays don’t look like anything the rest of the theatre world is creating.
- We are recognized as a leader in theatre for young audiences, influencing the field to be more adventurous, more sophisticated, more provocative.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Building and implementing a robust annual fundraising plan responsible for raising $150k annually in individual giving, and assisting Grants Manager with another $400k from foundations.
- Find new ways to monetize existing artistic programming
- Developing and implementing cultivation and solicitation plans with measurable goals for individuals and corporate donors
- Organizing and executing specific fundraising events
- Maintaining 24th Street’s Patron Manager database system for cultivating, thanking, tracking and building strong relationships with donors and prospective donors
- Writing communications to effectively build public awareness of 24th Street to various constituent groups
- Overseeing social media and online communications
- Assisting with institutional communications
- Assisting with general organizational administration
- Representing 24th Street at meetings and events
- Assisting Grants Manager with research and reporting as needed
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Three years of experience in development
- Proven track record of fundraising
- Excellent writing skills in both reporting and creative ways
- Experience with CRM database software and tracking donors/prospective donors (Patron Manager or Salesforce experience helpful)
- Can successfully work with others and independently
- Has great attention to detail
- Has a sense of humor
- Excellent time-management skills
- Seeking a career in arts administration
- Degree in Non-profit Management or Arts Administration or other comparable degree a plus
- Spanish speaking a plus
Pay is commensurate with experience.
Email resume with cover letter to email@example.com No calls please.