Bay Area Children's Theatre / Oakland, CA12.05.19
The Development Associate is responsible for supporting the Development Director and the Development Department with the planning, organizing, and execution of all of BACT’s fundraising including, the individual donor program, yearly fundraising campaigns, and special events. The Associate works closely with the Development Director and members of the Board of Directors Committees in all development and fundraising endeavors.
The duties of the Development Associate include but are not limited to the following:
- Development data entry and gift processing.
- Maintain accurate donor files with gift/acknowledgment documentation.
- Maintain donor recognition for programs, listings and in lobby sponsorship displays.
- Record notes and background information on donors to assist in achieving higher level and increased gifts
- Maintain and support annual fundraising plan including mailings and annual fundraising campaigns.
- Assist with the creation of publications and fundraising materials to support fundraising activities.
- Document all donor communication, supporting moves management steps.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with individual donors.
- Assist in securing financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Oversee and support FOH/Lobby fundraising efforts.
- Research and help maintain grants/foundation calendar and matrix.
- Maintain and organize foundation and grant files with gift/ reporting /acknowledgment documentation
- Assist with grant writing, research and reporting requirements.
- Support and help execute special events – including donor engagement events, board meetings, and
special fundraising events.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
Competitive Salary, Subsidized healthcare and flexible time off, enjoyable work environment.
If you interested in applying for this position please submit a resume and cover letter to Nina Meehan, Executive Artistic Director at email@example.com
About the Bay Area Children’s Theatre
Bay Area Children’s Theatre is a vibrant company that comprises a rapidly growing theatre for young audiences’ program and a theatre education program children ages 2-16. BACT serves children all over the San Francisco Bay Area with nationally recognized work for family audiences. Its mission is to inspire young audiences with imaginative productions, introduce children of all backgrounds to the excitement of live theatre, and create an engaging, entertaining, and educational environment in which children and their families can explore and enjoy the arts.
As artists, arts educators and arts administrators, we share a cultural ideal and uphold values that make the Bay Area Children’s Theatre a uniquely satisfying place to work:
Professionalism: We strive for excellence in all we do. We deliver on our commitments. We work collaboratively, and respect each other’s time. We admire and support each other’s skills and abilities, understanding that the diversity of our experience builds capacity and strengthens our overall creative impact. We are accountable for our actions and our decisions. We solve problems constructively and politely, with good will. We keep the company’s best interests in mind.
Respect: We treat everyone as we would like to be treated. We think the best of each other and help each other succeed. We support each other’s artistic growth. We communicate kindly, openly and directly. We listen and respond to our patrons, and we are cognizant of the diversity in the communities we serve.
Flexibility: We understand that working in the performing arts requires us to be nimble. We value positive outlooks and the ability to respond quickly and efficiently to unexpected needs. We focus on what we need to accomplish and keep each other informed.
Creativity: We know that the future of the company depends on the imagination and innovation we bring to our work. We welcome new ideas and help create an atmosphere in which everyone feels empowered to grow artistically. We share the fun and excitement of everything we are doing.