Imagination Stage / Bethesda, MD05.10.21
POSITION: Database Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
POSITION STATUS: Full Time
Imagination Stage, located in Bethesda, MD, is hiring a Database Manager. The Database Manager’s primary responsibility is to coordinate the organization’s database systems, keeping the data clean, the system up to date, and using the data tools to maximize client relationships. As a key member of the Operations Team, the
Database Manager utilizes Tessitura products (Tessitura, TNEW, Analytics) to streamline organization processes and procedures, maintain clean records, create and manage custom reports for other departments, prepare staff analytics dashboards, and support daily processes including updating and importing data and records. The Database Manager reports directly to the Director of Operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide database support to assure that the Tessitura database fulfills the transactional and informational needs of the organization
- Provide email platform support to assure that the Wordfly system fulfills the needs of the organization.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of Tessitura, TNEW, RAMP, and Wordfly database software applications.
- Monitor daily actions in the database and provide any daily database cleanup that is needed.
- Monitor and manage the performance of the database to assure efficient operation. Keep all database users up-to-date, informed, and confident of data issues and processes.
- Document standard procedures for Tessitura and provide support for other internal users.
- Stay current on professional, technical, and evolving work related issues; serve as a resource for advice or information on best practices to colleagues.
- Ensure clean data by merging and appending accounts as needed, and making sure that the data transfer between is working, clean, and tagged appropriately for future queries.
- Working with Education Department, gather information and build out class and camp records within Tessitura
- Responsible for updating daily contributions, class and camp waitlists, and identifying and merging duplicate records
- Work with Tessitura Network and IT team to update software as needed.
- Seek resolutions for errors or answers for questions on behalf of the team through Tessitura support
- Create Campaigns, Funds, Appeals and Sources for Development Department
- Build Custom Reports using SQL, InfoMaker, and MS Visual Studio
- Assist with overseeing IT short and long-term roadmaps
- Prepare End-of-Year Audit Reports for Development, Education and Patron Services upon request.
- Assist other departments in gathering information from database and tracking patrons to further department goals
- Responsible for establishing and managing organizational protocols for all data entry
- Maintain security and integrity of all databases
- Develop and maintain SQL server processes and procedures
- Ensure proper integration of third-party transaction and information platforms including but not limited to Stripe, GiveLively, and iWave
- Act as an additional resource for Marketing Department with WordPress, Google Analytics, and other web technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field OR equivalent experience in database support
- One to three years relevant work experience in database management in a nonprofit, marketing, or fundraising environment
- Must have experience with administration of Tessitura or similar ticketing and client relationship systems (such as Blackbaud, AudienceView, or Vendini) and have a thorough understanding of database importing/exporting especially across different platforms
- Preference given to candidates with SQL experience
- Demonstrated ability to learn new systems
- Experience developing, implementing, and improving processes/procedures
- Outstanding organizational skills, including managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to prioritize work, be proactive, take initiative, and resolve problems
- Excellent communication skills; ability to interact collaboratively with staff in an organization with diverse concerns and needs
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Solid analytical and project management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Workspace
- Commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility (IDEA) initiatives and values
- Salary Range: $40,000-$43,000 (depending on experience)
- 100% coverage for HMO individual insurance
- Paid Time Off: 10 vacation days; 7 personal days; 7 sick days; 16 paid holidays
- Transit/Parking benefit (paused until onsite work resumes)
- Generous free and reduced priced tickets, classes, and summer camps
Applications must include a resumé, a list of 1-3 references, and an additional submission that expands on your experience and why you would be a good fit for this position. This submission can take the form of a cover letter, video essay, etc. Please upload your application materials using this form.
Imagination Stage celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that values members of our whole community. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.