Community Programs Manager
24th Street Theatre / Los Angeles, CA07.08.21
$41,500 + employer paid health care + 3wks paid vacation.
The Community Programs Manager is an essential part of the 24th STreet team, because working with our community members is a huge part of what we do. Our Community Programs Manager directly engages with the community members in and around the theatre, and citywide. Duties include connecting in English and Spanish with after school program parents, neighbors, local community groups, and government officials, as well as general administrative duties.
GENERAL ROLE DESCRIPTION:
- Full-time, 40 hours a week
- (Approx 60% of time) Oversee and assist with community-facing programs including After ‘Cool, Teen Leadership Academy, Teatro del Pueblo, Family Focus Group, annual Dia de los Muertos Festival.
- (Approx 40% of time) Assist with general administrative duties, including serving as 24th STreet Theatre’s first point of contact with the general public, parents, and community members.
CORE FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- REPORTS TO: Executive Director and Operations Manager
- Build and maintain relationships with local kids, parents, neighbors, local government officials and other nonprofits in LA
- Familiarity with the communities of South Los Angeles, especially Spanish speaking immigrant communities.
- Assist neighbors in finding needed resources
- Create communications that go out to community members, parents, etc.
- Market and promote upcoming 24th STreet Theatre events to core constituency, local businesses and organizations
- Be an advocate for community members within 24th STreet’s family
- Collection of data for grant deliverables
- Document and archive images for social media, website, blog and other items as needed
- Represent 24th STreet at events
- Must be Bilingual Spanish/English, excellent verbal and written communication skills in both languages
- Excellent computer and tech skills
- Outgoing, enjoys meeting new people
- Preferred background in community organizing or social work
- Minimum 3 years real work experience
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree
- Reliable transportation is a must, CA Driver’s license and car are a plus
STARTING SALARY $41,500 + employer paid health care + 3wks paid vacation.
How to apply:
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line Community Programs Manager.