Community Partnerships Manager
Imagination Stage / Bethesda, MD07.05.23
POSITION: Community Partnerships Manager
REPORTS TO: Marketing and Communications Senior Manager
SHARED DIRECT REPORT: Field Trip and Audience Development Coordinator
LOCATION: Bethesda, MD
DEPARTMENT: Marketing and Communications
FLSA Status: Exempt
POSITION Status: Full-Time
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Community Partnerships Manager will be an essential member of our Marketing and
Communications team, leading our efforts in building long-term, substantive, reciprocal
relationships with organizations and individuals around the DMV to further realize the mission
of Imagination Stage to empower all young people to discover their voice and identity through
performing arts education and professional theatre.
The CPM prospects organizations and people to create promotional partnerships (via paid and
organic lead generation), cultivates them through high-touch engagement, and converts them to
group sales (paid and unpaid). The CPM meets new audiences where they are and prepares them
for individual conversion, ensuring we have the diverse and thriving audience called for by our
mission and values.
- Targeted outreach for all theatre productions (Mainstage, Theatre for the Very Young,
Theatre for Change, and student ensembles), with the goal of long-term audience
- Creating collateral material for use in developing new audiences for our Access &
Inclusion initiative, and off-site Education and Theatre for Change programs.
- Building relationships with service, community, and not-for-profit organizations to
achieve audience goals in Professional Theatre, Education, and Theatre for Change
(IStage’s three programming pillars), such as Jack & Jill of America, Boys & Girls Clubs,
Rainbow Families, Reading Partners.
- Acting as marketing lead for Arts for All Festival and other public Imagination Stage
- Representing IStage at community events, occasionally on nights and weekends.
- Creating partnerships and content for audience engagement lobby area
- Strategic marketing of Field Trip performances, in conjunction with Field Trip and
Audience Development coordinator.
Other Important Duties
- Driving implementation of marketing department Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and
Access (IDEA) efforts.
- Assisting in staffing internal and external events, which may require nights and/or
- Executing other duties as needed to support organization goals.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- IStage seeks a candidate with at least 2 years of relevant or transferable experience.
- Computer literacy (specifically Google Suite, and Canva (preferred))
- Ability to direct and work on multiple projects at once.
- Strong communication skills and willingness to build relationships with people and
organizations outside of their sphere.
- Ability to synthesize new situations and information and respond quickly with kindness
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Salary: $50,000-$60,000
- Healthcare Benefits
- Paid Time Off: Vacation, Personal, and Sick
- Commuter Benefit
- Free and reduced priced tickets, classes, and summer camps
- Please ask to see our Benefit Summary.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Community
Partnerships Manager” in the subject line.
If reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact Nia Savoy-Dock,
firstname.lastname@example.org. Imagination Stage is committed to the full inclusion of all
qualified individuals. As part of this commitment. Imagination Stage will ensure that persons
with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations.
Imagination Stage celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace
that values members of our whole community. Imagination Stage is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. It does not tolerate discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of
gender, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly
encouraged to apply.