Community Engagement Manager
StageOne Family Theatre / Louisville, KY09.12.22
$40,000 annually (2-year contract, option to renew)
POSITION: Community Engagement Manager
REPORTS TO: Producing Artistic Director
KEY RELATIONSHIPS: Development Director, Marketing Director, Education Director, Patron Services Manager
WHO WE ARE:
StageOne Family Theatre is the region’s leading Theatre for Young Audiences, celebrating 76 years of story and impact in the Kentuckiana area. Presenting programs for over 70,000 young people from ages 18 months through 18 years old every year, StageOne is committed to creating accessible arts experiences for imaginations of all ages. Each year, StageOne produces 4 mainstage productions, 10+ Storytellers performances, In-School arts integrated residences across 30 school districts, and year-round drama instruction. For more information, please visit www.stageone.org.
- Connect StageOne to the Louisville area communities to ensure that we are well placed to serve our target demographics in line with our mission and values.
- Proactively seek to identify barriers to local communities engaging with StageOne and develop strategies to remove/overcome them.
- In partnership with the Producing Artistic and Associate Artistic Directors, evaluate all programming practices through the lens of equity, diversity, inclusion, and accessibility, with a consistent growth mindset.
- Pursue opportunities that fully realize the synergies between StageOne programming and community partners to provide impactful and relevant engagement opportunities.
- Work with the Producing Artistic and Associate Artistic Directors to build collaborations and connections within and throughout the artistic community.
- Work with the Marketing Director to increase audience engagement with all StageOne programs and to actively promote the impact of StageOne.
- In collaboration with the Marketing Director, contribute consistently to StageOne’s social media and email presence on a regular basis maintaining a high standard for writing, quality of information and strategic participation in issues.
- Represent StageOne through networking in the community, seeking partnerships and relevant collaborations for the purpose of creating impactful programming opportunities within the community and increasing financial and promotional support.
- Superior communication skills including experience with engagement through multiple platforms (written, verbal, social media, etc.)
- Strong verbal, written, and organizational skills
- Strong personnel management skills
- Computer literate with knowledge of Word, Excel and Google Docs
- The ability to work occasional extended/irregular hours including nights and weekends
- The ability to work with a wide range of internal and external personalities in a professional and congenial manner
- A proactive attitude to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Community Engagement Manager – Application (attn: Andrew D. Harris)”
- a Resume or Work Experience History that reflects your qualifications for this position
- a cover letter introducing yourself and sharing with us why you are interested in this opportunity with StageOne Family Theatre
StageOne Family Theatre is committed to attracting, hiring and retaining employees who reflect the cultural diversity of its community. The Theatre maintains that every employee has the right to work in a respectful environment that is free from discrimination, consistent with the organization’s commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and respect. This commitment extends to all aspects of the employment relationship.