Children’s Theatre and Performing Arts Director
Arkansas Museum of Fine Arts / Little Rock, AR01.24.23
$62k to $70k
The Arkansas Museum of Fine Arts (AMFA), located in Little Rock, AR, seeks a Children’s Theatre and Performing Arts Director to advance the institution during an extraordinary transformation that includes the opening of a new state-of-the-art facility and grounds on April 22, 2022. Designed by the renowned architecture firm, Studio Gang, the new facility will secure AMFA’s position as one of the top cultural institutions in the state and region. The new Museum will feature state-of-the-art galleries, Art School, theatre, lecture hall, outdoor event area, and other spaces to host programming, classes, and performances. The innovative Cultural Living Room, restaurant, store, and landscaped grounds will position the AMFA as a cultural hub for Little Rock and the Delta region.
The Children’s Theatre and Performing Arts Director position is responsible for overseeing all artistic, administrative, and operational aspects of the Children’s Theatre and Performing Arts programming, including theatre, puppetry, literary programs, dance, film, and other media. A member of the AMFA leadership team, this position directly supervises staff, and serves as primary liaison with cultural programmatic partners. Reporting to the Executive Director and working with AMFA facilities staff, they oversee the proper care and maintenance of the theatre back-of-house and front-of-house spaces.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs the artistic vision and strategic plan for the department, ensuring all offerings are visitor centered, innovative, and reflect best practices;
- Ensures all internal and programmatic partner-offered activities further the AMFA mission and are aligned with the vision, and plan of the institution;
- Develops and implements a calendar of performances, programs, and statewide outreach activities that seek to expand, diversify, and deepen audiences;
- Collaboratively builds the Museum calendar, working with internal departments and special events rental program;
- Supervises and supports department staff to promote the highest quality guest experience and collaborative and efficient internal operations;
- Monitors the quality, effectiveness, and innovation of programs, with special emphasis on diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusiveness;
- Collaborates with Director of Development to support all departmental fundraising goals;
- Assists Marketing in the execution of marketing plans that further the AMFA;
- Manages the department’s budget and works with the CFO to meet revenue goals;
- With AMFA facilities staff, oversees the care and maintenance of the theatre back-of-house spaces, including technical equipment in other spaces such as the lecture hall and Glass Box;
- As a member of AMFA leadership, collaborates with department directors to ensure the institutional goals are met;
- Other related duties, as needed.
- Self-motivated with a high energy level and record of success
- Master’s degree (M.A.) or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To apply, please submit a cover letter highlighting your interest and a detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org