Chief Development Officer
Center for Puppetry Arts / Atlanta, GA12.16.22
Job Title: Chief Development Officer
Reports to: Executive Director
Effective Date: 11/28/22
The Center for Puppetry Arts Chief Development Officer will work with the senior management team, governing board, and staff to assist in the organization’s vision and direction. He/She/They will be responsible for growing and diversifying the organization’s funding base, by working closely with the Board of Directors and Advisors and the Executive Director. The Chief Development Officer will also be responsible for growing the corporate and foundation donor portfolio and expanding its major gifts donor program. This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position, and has three (3) full-time staff members who are on the development team.
- Supervise, monitor and mentor development team and their implementation of the fundraising strategy.
- Coach, support and encourage the Board’s development efforts.
- Develop fundraising multi-year strategy with input from the Executive Director and Board of Directors and Advisors.
- Develop annual revenue goals and plans to diversify and increase organizational budget through a comprehensive development strategy to include foundation and corporations, and major gift donors as well as other appropriate sources.
- Lead and engage senior management team, including Marketing, in developing effective messages for new and broader donor base.
- Support and mentor Executive Director, Board, Management, and staff in their development efforts.
- Lead efforts to identify and secure new foundation and corporate support, including outreach and presentations to prospective funders about the Center’s current programs and future projects.
- Coordinate with Grant Manager, to develop and track budgets for existing and proposed grants.
- With the Executive Director, maintain and strengthen relationships with current foundation and corporate funders and cultivate new foundation and corporate donors.
- Lead efforts in identifying and securing new donors at all levels.
- Support Executive Director, Marketing and Board in their efforts to build and strengthen donor and prospect relationships and soliciting gifts.
- Coordinate all development activities with staff and track progress against annual development work plan and calendar.
- Excellent communication, writing, planning, teamwork, and interpersonal skills.
- High level of organizational skills, detail-oriented, and able to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated success with generating increased funds from individual donors, both major donors and annual appeals, through a coordinated, strategic approach. Knowledge of planned giving and experience with online fundraising preferred.
- Ability to travel – In office 35%-75% of time. Remote working is available to the extent supervision of staff is effective.
Education and Experience:
- BA Degree
- Passion for fundraising, nonprofits, the arts, and the work of the Center
- 10+ years’ experience in development/fundraising with demonstrated success
- Demonstrated network and ability to develop a deep of network in the Atlanta business and philanthropic community
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Must be able to lift 30lbs.
Please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mail to:
Center for Puppetry Arts
1404 Spring St. N.W.
Atlanta, GA 30309-2820.
All entries must be received or post marked by January 16, 2023. No phone calls please.