Box Office Manager
South Carolina Children's Theatre / Greenville, SC06.03.21
Position | Box Office Manager
South Carolina Children’s Theatre (SCCT) is a growing non-profit organization located in Greenville, SC. For more than 30 years, SCCT has served children ages 3-18 and their families reaching 50,000 individuals annually. The organization’s mission is “to educate and stimulate the minds and imaginations of young people and their families through participation in theatre of the highest quality, year-round education and accessible outreach.” Programming includes five full-scale productions in Bell MainStage theatre (299 seats), several smaller-scale productions in the Younts 2nd Stage (flexible seating of up to 150), school touring performances, education classes through the Conservatory, in-class theatre residencies, and multiple outreach programs for under-represented youth in Upstate communities. It is an exciting time to join SCCT as it recently completed a $14M+ capital campaign to build its beautiful new theatre home at 153 Augusta Street in the West End of downtown Greenville.
The South Carolina Children’s Theatre is accepting applications for a Box Office Manager. This is a full-time position with a benefits package.
SCCT at a glance…
- We are a community theatre for young people and their families with an annual budget of $1M+
- We cast both adult and youth volunteer actors
- We serve approximately 50,000 young people and families in the Upstate region of SC and are dedicated to creating vibrant and engaging theatre experiences, both on the stage and in the classroom
- Our core values are a passion for people, empowerment, excellence, accessibility, and uncompromised integrity
- As part of our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, we are dedicated to being an organization that represents the uniqueness in our community and where all children and adults are welcomed, embraced, and feel safe in our theatre and programs
Work with Us…
South Carolina Children’s Theatre seeks a motivated, results-driven Box Office Manager. The Box Office Manager will oversee all aspects of the Box Office leading a team of associates, providing top-notch service to guests and curating a customer experience that continuously elevates the organization and the community we serve. If you’re enthusiastic, goal driven, unflappable under pressure, and can strike a balance between generating ideas and executing them successfully, you could be a good fit for our organization.
You would be the ideal candidate for this job if you have:
- 2+ years box office or sales experience
- Experience in a leadership position managing and motivating a team
- Solid work ethic with superior attention to detail
- Exemplary communication skills
- Experience with Tessitura required- our ticketing and CRM software
- Have flexible availability throughout public performance season to provide occasional shift coverage during all major productions.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Process ticket sales, including single, group, school group and season tickets online, on the phone and in person for SCCT programming and rental events. Count and balance deposited checks, cash and credit cards at the close of each day.
- Grow relationships with new and existing customers to build loyalty and foster meaningful experiences for all.
- Manage all daily operations of the Box Office including ticketing, exchanges/refunds, staffing, cash control, and reporting.
- Identify and resolve customer concerns in a timely manner.
- Handle sponsor and outreach ticket bookings.
- Assist with maintenance of the ticketing system, including performance and product building and verifying event information. You will serve as SCCT’s Tessitura PowerUser serving as liaison between SCCT and Tessitura Support. Responsible for integrity of database. Prepare and oversee data cleanup projects.
- Implements necessary and appropriate staff training including preparation and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures and maintenance of manuals and procedural notebooks.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A positive and professional attitude with strong diplomacy skills and professionalism; this includes the ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion always.
- Patience and poise in resolving customer concerns
- Extremely detail oriented.
- Ability to prioritize and identify critical issues and work towards positive, accurate results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills.
- Able to successfully handle multiple priorities in sometimes high stress situations.
- Ability to work effectively on cross-functional teams in a shared office environment.
- Tessitura ticketing system experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft office, word, excel, outlook
Candidates should submit a Cover Letter, and Résumé.
In your cover letter, please share with us:
How your experience, knowledge, skills and abilities best align with this position and SCCT’s mission- to educate and stimulate the minds and imaginations of young people and their families through participation in high-quality theatre, year-round education, and accessible outreach.
South Carolina Children’s Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Online applications only. Send To: