Audio Engineer/Sound Designer
Nashville Children's Theatre / Nashville, TN03.21.23
$36,500 + benefits
NASHVILLE CHILDREN’S THEATRE (NCT), a professional theatre for young audiences
celebrating its 92nd season, is seeking a friendly and skilled theatrical Audio Engineer/Sound
Designer to help create shows for our 2023-2024 season.
The successful candidate will have relevant experience in their field(s) in order to best serve the
needs of shows, assist in show and shop maintenance, assist in special projects, and help the
theatre continue to fulfill its mission in bringing professional theatre to young audiences in Middle Tennessee.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with the Director of Production, and Technical Director to help coordinate, execute,
and maintain audio systems and designs for productions.
- Experience and ability to design sound for mainstage productions in our season.
- Ability to meet production deadlines including rehearsal cues, tech, etc.
- Be a self-starter, team player, leader, and ability to stay on task is a must..
- Ability to comfortably work at heights.
- Working knowledge of QLab, Behringer mixers, Shure microphone systems, etc.
- Ability to use wireless workbench and other similar systems to troubleshoot audio and
- Ability to keep accurate documentation of inventory, consumables, and keep stock up to
- Familiarity with troubleshooting audio systems and fixing on the fly as needed.
- Ability to proactively maintain existing audio systems.
- Ability to stage hang and focus lighting instruments as needed per production needs.
- Ability to take on other tasks as assigned by the TD or Director of Production
This position will report directly to the Technical Director and Director of Production. The position is an integral member of the team in ensuring our shows are ready to open on time, safely, and with a professional standard in mind. A knowledge of, and passion for the performing arts, especially theatre for young audiences is helpful, but not required. Key attributes include drive, ingenuity, dedication, enthusiasm, humor, energy, and optimism.
This position also includes the opportunity to sound design 6 shows in our season and work
alongside seasoned industry professionals in a dynamic professional theatre setting.
Audio Engineer/Sound Designer/Electrican is a Full Time position with a yearly salary of $36,500 + benefits. All offers of employment are contingent on successful background screening, reference check, and Covid-19 Vaccination Confirmation.
To submit your confidential application, please email email@example.com with “Audio Engineer” in the email subject line. In your email, please include a brief overview of your skills and experience as well as your current resume and copy of your portfolio in PDF-format with your name as the filename.
Only individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted. Incomplete applications will not be considered, nor will submissions sent via postal mail or fax. Prospective candidates are strongly encouraged to review our website at www.nashvillechildrenstheatre.org prior to submitting materials for consideration. Early submission is encouraged. No phone calls will be accepted or returned.
Equal Opportunity Employment: Nashville Children’s Theatre Association is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law.