Assistant Professor Musical Theatre, Voice Specialist
University of Northern Colorado / Greeley, CO12.17.20
Position Title: Assistant Professor Musical Theatre, Voice Specialist
Department: Performing & Visual Arts
Job Type: Full-Time
Job EEO Category: Faculty
Job Summary: The University of Northern Colorado is accepting applications for a full time, non-tenure track faculty member to teach in its nationally recognized Musical Theatre program beginning August 2021. The successful applicant will be responsible for teaching private voice lessons for Musical Theatre majors as well as additional courses based on the strengths and interests of the candidate and the needs of the School of Theatre Arts and Dance. A collaborative and collegial spirit is expected, and the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a record of excellent teaching. This contract is for the 2021-2022 academic year, with the possibility of renewal in subsequent years.
- A terminal degree in Musical Theatre, Vocal Performance, Vocal Pedagogy, or equivalent professional experience
- Piano skills sufficient to play for voice lessons
- UNC serves a diverse student population that includes a large proportion of first-generation students. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who have personal and/or professional experience with first-generation students and/or students from marginalized populations
- Professional experience in Musical Theatre performance or other professional production experience
- Previous study and/or working knowledge of vocal pedagogy with respect to laryngeal anatomy, physiology, and acoustics
- Demonstrates skill in choosing appropriate musical theatre repertoire that parallel students’ vocal growth and development
- Knowledge, understanding of and connection to the current and ever-evolving musical theatre industry
- A demonstrated commitment to cultivating a diverse and inclusive learning environment
- A minimum of two years’ experience teaching at the collegiate level
Desired Start Date: 08/16/2021
Open Date: 11/30/2020
Open Until Filled: Yes
While this position is considered open until filled, first consideration will go to the applicants that apply by January 11, 2021. Qualified candidates, please submit online at https://careers.unco.edu/postings/3625 the following materials: online application form, a cover letter addressing qualifications for the position, curriculum vitae, statement of teaching philosophy that includes teaching students from diverse backgrounds, and contact information for three professional references. Address the cover to the attention of Ryan Driscoll or Gillian McNally, Co-Search Committee Chairs. Candidates should be prepared to provide additional supporting materials upon request.
Contact the PVA HR Specialist at email@example.com, with questions regarding applying to this position.
The College of Performing and Visual Arts is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities, and veterans. We are learning and growing together to create an inclusive campus community, particularly in the classroom and workplace. The University of Northern Colorado is an equal opportunity/affirmative action/Title IX employer.
Salary and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits available include health, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance, as well as a selection of several defined contribution retirement plans. Dependents and spouses of UNC Employees who are employed at 0.5 FTE or above are eligible for undergraduate dependent tuition grants of up to 50%. These tuition grants will cover in-state tuition charges. Further requirements may exist. Other benefits may be available based on position.
Additional Requirements: Satisfactory completion of a background check, educational check, and authorization to work in the United States is required after a conditional offer of employment has been made. The successful candidate must submit original transcripts within one (1) month of hire.