Associate Technical Director
Stages Theatre Company / Hopkins, MN11.27.23
Stages Theatre Company (STC) is committed to the enrichment and education of children and youth in a professional theatre environment that stimulates artistic excellence and personal growth.
STATEMENT OF INCLUSION: Stages Theatre Company is dedicated to creating a space where diverse opinions, courageous dialogue, and local, national, and international community engagement is not only valued, but vital to our shared artistic and educational success. We make this pledge in the hope of curating a welcome home for all.
Founded in 1984, Stages Theatre Company has grown to become one of the largest and most respected professional theatres for young audiences in the country. The company is a recognized leader and has received numerous regional and national awards for its work in theatre and arts education. STC operates out of the Hopkins Center for the Arts (HCA), a 37,000 square foot multi-disciplinary art facility located on Mainstreet in the heart of downtown Hopkins. The company welcomes over 150,000 young people and their families annually through its production, education, and outreach programs.
The associate technical director is responsible for the technical direction of four shows across STC’s HCA & school site productions. Duties as technical director include pricing scenic supplies and labor, supplies acquisition, building sets with staff, over hire labor, and adult volunteers & overseeing all technical elements of production. In addition to the leadership role of four productions, the associate technical director will assist with building, lighting, or sound for shows not assigned as the technical director.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Manage & report budgets and expenditures.
- Technical direction of four shows.
- Assist other TDs with set build, light, sound on shows not assigned as TD.
- Assist with load ins & set up for off-site and tour shows.
- Schedule over hire labor as needed.
- Work with master electricians, sound and projection designers.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to work effectively on cross-functional teams in a shared shop environment.
- General knowledge of non-motorized fly system
- Proficiency with QLab & Vectorworks.
- Ability to read light plots and familiarity with the ETC Eos family of consoles.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Frequently stand, walk, climb ladders, lift and move up to 40 pounds & operate power tools.
- Occasionally drive rental moving trucks (specialty license not required).
- Comfortable with heights up to 50 feet.
This is a full-time position, with a starting salary of $42,000. Stages provides partially paid medical & dental insurance, paid time off and paid vacation. Relocation stipend available if needed.
Target start date: January 16, 2024.
To apply: Please send resume, cover letter to Sandy Boren-Barrett, Artistic Director at email@example.com