Associate Director of Education
Children's Theater of Madison (CTM) / Madison, WI10.05.23
$42,000 to $48,000 annually
THE ROLE: Children’s Theater of Madison (CTM) is looking for an organized, flexible, and energetic theater educator and program manager to join our team. The position will hire, train, and support our Education Interns; assist teaching artists through curriculum review and onsite support for classes; manage parent communication; and assist the Director of Education with our extensive array of educational programming. This is a great opportunity for seasoned educators and teaching artists with or seeking experience in program management.
THE COMPANY: CTM is dedicated to sparking imagination and building community through the creation and experience of theater. For over 55 years, CTM has been part of the cultural fabric of South-Central Wisconsin, providing exceptional theater productions and educational programs for youth and families. Inclusion is a core value at CTM, and creating an inclusive workplace and work culture is essential.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Assist the Education Department with the planning, implementation, and evaluation of Educational Programming
- Work collaboratively with the Education Department to communicate with parents and guardians, including pre-program information, reminders, and classroom accommodations for students of all abilities
- Lead, sustain, and continue to develop the Education Department Internship Program and Emerging Teaching Artist program
- Provide overall support for Teaching Artists including curriculum review, lesson plan feedback, gathering materials, teaching classes as needed, and aiding students who need additional accommodations or support
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Recent and consistent experience as a teaching artist that includes educational pedagogy, developing curriculum, facilitating workshops, and teaching residencies for diverse student populations. Experience supervising teaching artists is preferred. A degree in Theater Education or Theater for Youth is preferred, but not required.
- Organized, verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to manage stressful situations and solve problems as they arise
- Comfortable with technology including being proficient in MS Office and able to pick up new data management software
- Trauma Informed Care (TIC) practices a plus
WHEN AND WHERE WILL YOU WORK? This role’s schedule is typically Tuesdays through Saturdays (September through May) or Mondays through Fridays (June through August). There will be occasional evenings and weekend hours or events.
It has on-site work requirements and occasional work-from-home options. Work sites include Madison Youth Arts Center (MYArts), the Overture Center, and schools and community centers in the greater Madison area. There is bicycle parking onsite; numerous nearby bus routes; street and garage parking. This role can be physically active at times; however, accommodations can be made.
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE: This is a full-time salaried, exempt position. $42,000 to $48,000 annually. Your benefits include employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance, retirement saving options, paid floating holidays, vacation, sick, and personal leave. Plus, you’ll work with a really great team of creative people.
TIMELINE / APPLICATION PROCESS:
- For best consideration, please submit all materials by Nov 5, 2023
- Interviews will be scheduled throughout November
- Ideal start date is Dec 11, 2023
HOW TO APPLY: Please send the following to email@example.com (attn: Erica Berman, Director of Education) with the subject line “Associate Director of Education – Application”
- Resume or Work Experience History that reflects your qualifications for this position (Theater Education / Administrative)
- A Sample Lesson Plan
- A Teaching Philosophy that demonstrates your approach to and passion for the field of theater education (optional)
Children’s Theater of Madison is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer.