Assistant to the Executive and Producing Artistic Director
TADA! Youth Theater / New York, NY01.25.21
TADA! YOUTH THEATER SEEKS
P/T ASSISTANT TO THE EXECUTIVE AND PRODUCING ARTISTIC DIRECTOR
Mission and Vision of TADA!
Since 1984, TADA!’s mission is to provide young people from different backgrounds with musical theater programs that inspire them to be creative, learn, and think differently. TADA! is a unique, Drama Desk award-winning nonprofit youth theater that produces original musicals for children, teens, and family audiences. TADA! offers a free, year-round, pre-professional training and a positive youth development program for the Resident Youth Ensemble (ages 8-18); musical theater classes/camps for the public; as well as musical theater residencies in NYC schools and community centers. Through TADA!’s high-quality work, young people’s self-confidence and creativity are enhanced. They also develop advanced skills in leadership, communication, responsibility, collaboration, and problem-solving – skills that help with growing up and are essential to their success both in school and in life.
TADA!’s vision is that all young people grow up feeling successful, creative, confident, accepted, and accepting of themselves. Through the ability of people learning to express themselves well we can break down barriers of racism and inequality and create positive, active citizens.
Over the past year, TADA! has been unpacking and examining what it means to be an antiracist, multicultural organization and a leader within the youth theater and arts education fields. TADA! is and has been for 36 years committed to providing every child an opportunity to create, imagine, learn, and experience the joy of musical theater, regardless of race, ethnicity, class, religion, gender, sexual orientation, ability, nationality, and immigration status. We admit that we don’t have all the answers right now, but what we do know is that we must embrace change to reflect the mission, vision, and values of TADA! as it stands today. Every staff member must be committed to and be an active part of this process.
Reports to the Executive and Producing Artistic Director
Provide administrative, organizational, fundraising, technological, and personal support to the Executive and Producing Artistic Director as needed to help make her work and the organization run smoothly.
- Development assistant duties – such as database management, Board and staff updates and reports, pulling supplemental materials, updating information needed, research new funding sources, maintain development calendar, generate thank you letters, general phone calls and correspondence and assist on events as needed.
- Artistic research and cultivating partnerships, general correspondence, and drafting contracts
- Administrative duties such as maintaining calendar, contacts, voicemails, emails and general correspondence; Maintain presence on social media; Assist with technology; Create, obtain and organize staff surveys, gift, parties, special acknowledgements; Take and distribute staff meeting agendas and minutes; and be an active member on the EDIJ planning committee
- Board correspondence and follow-up; create and distribute agendas and minutes; maintain and update and distribute onboarding documents; and create and distribute reports
- Additional duties as assigned by the Executive Director & Producing Artistic Director
- Passion for, commitment to, and being fully aligned with TADA!’s mission and vision
- Ease at working independently and collaborating with a team; be diplomatic and able to negotiate and navigate change graciously
- Ability to adapt quickly and be a self-starter, able to thrive in a fast-paced institutional environment
- Ability to manage and prioritize among multiple simultaneous projects
- Positive attitude and the ability to build rapport with diverse colleagues & external stakeholders
- Great organizational and research skills, good memory, and not easily intimidated
- Prior use of Salesforce and social media a plus
TADA! Youth Theater is committed to building and fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of our vastly diverse youth in our Ensemble program and school programs. TADA! is continually working to become a more anti-racist organization. Priority will be given to candidates who are dedicated to anti-racism and share our mission and vision above. Candidates from underrepresented racial or ethnic groups, people with disabilities, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are encouraged to apply.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or veteran status.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include the words Assistant to Executive and Artistic Director in the subject line. Part-time salaried position ($15 – $17 an hour) beginning in February.