Arts Education Program Coordinator
Enrichment Works / Van Nuys, CA06.16.21
About Enrichment Works
Enrichment Works is a 21-year-old nonprofit theater arts education organization with the mission to create and present professional theater to inspire learning. The purpose, as stated in the bylaws, is “to serve the diverse population of Southern California by celebrating the unique contribution of each culture and common values that unite us all.” Enrichment Works provides young people in Southern California with what is often their first experience of live theater, and does so in an interactive form at schools, libraries and other community venues. The organization was founded in 1999 to create quality plays and musicals that help kids connect emotionally to what they learn in school. The works are chosen from submissions by playwrights across the country are performed by professional actors. Enrichment Works also offers classes and workshops in theater arts that are linked to their productions. Enrichment Works has produced over 65 original plays presented at more than 550 schools for more than 600,000 students throughout Southern California. www.enrichmentworks.org
Compensation: $20 per hour, 20 flexible hours per week in a combination of remote and onsite hours as needed. Start date in late July/early August. Two weeks of paid vacation plus the week between Christmas and New Year Day. Our office is located in Valley Glen, CA.
Enrichment Works seeks a creative and collaborative individual with experience in nonprofit arts administration. The Program Coordinator will be an important member of the organization and will work closely with the Executive Director as the second member of a two-member administration team creating effective and inspiring arts education programs as we plan our re-entry into live programming. We are looking for an administrator with a commitment to theater, young people, and reaching a diverse audience. The ideal candidate is trustworthy and reliable, possesses excellent written and oral communication skills as well as strong organizational skills and will coordinate with clients, school administrators, teachers and Enrichment Works artists to select and schedule appropriate programs. They are enthusiastic about the power of theater arts and the telling of under-told stories and can communicate this message in a manner that informs, inspires and motivates. There is potential for additional hours after six-months.
- Maintaining and building relationships with education partners and clients
- Educating and communicating with artists as to proper behavior and responsibilities when working at schools and other youth serving organizations to assure a positive experience for all parties
- Seeking out, developing, and nurturing relationships with new partners and potential clients
- Managing the organization’s calendar and program correspondence
- Arranging and scheduling rehearsals, trainings and performances
- Coordinating artists’ schedules
- Creating content connection guides for new productions
- Overseeing and/or conducting the distribution of surveys to students and clients and maintaining survey data
- Creating regular program updates and newsletters
- Maintaining the organization’s contacts database
- Assisting in creating social media content and posts
- Attending and assisting with coordination/facilitation of public events
- Proofreading educational, promotional and fundraising materials
- A minimum of two years of experience in arts administration is required.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Leadership and management experience
- A strong understanding of the Common Core Standards and the California Visual and Performing Art Standards.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs, Dropbox, Google Drive, Mailchimp/Constant Contact or other email platforms
- A commitment to incorporating diversity, equity and inclusion in all aspects of Enrichment Works programming
- A proactive team player with an enthusiastic attitude and strong organizational skills
- Must be creative, flexible and have the ability to continually seek information and look for new approaches to fulfilling our mission.
- Experience working in theater is strongly desired, TYA experience is preferred.
- Experience working with Los Angeles area schools is a plus
How to Apply:
Send a resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. In your cover letter please share with us a summary of your relevant experience and an explanation as to why you are interested in working for Enrichment Works. No calls please.
This employment opportunity is available to all, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or disability.