TheaterWorksUSA / New York, NY03.18.19
TheaterWorksUSA, the country’s largest not-for-profit producer of professional theater for young and family audiences, is seeking candidates for a full-time position with responsibility for casting and maintaining the quality of the company’s national touring productions that serve more than 1.3 million young people in 440 communities each year throughout North America.
The Artistic Associate is a key member of the Artistic Department who will be asked to:
• Serve as Casting Director for all TWUSA productions overseeing the casting of up to 30 productions, workshops, and readings each year. Write and release casting breakdowns, arrange casting sessions, manage audition staff, coordinate with creative teams, review all casting submissions, and schedule appointments. Work with costume department on approval of actors and with company management to facilitate offers. Attend talent showcases, readings, and equivalent productions whenever possible to scout new talent.
• Work closely with TWUSA’s Artistic Director to oversee and maintain the quality of TWUSA touring shows. Attend costume parades, run-throughs, and dress rehearsals; give notes to creative staff; partner with company management to manage expectations, resolve conflict, and steward all company members before, during, and after tours; attend local performances.
• Serve as front line project manager for various artistic projects including workshops, readings, and special events. Manage pending projects and coordinate flow of information regarding upcoming projects across all relevant departments. Collaborate with Artistic Director and Director of Development to produce special events, including the annual spring benefit.
• Participate in general artistic management: liaise with external partners, producers, and other stakeholders when required; liaise with managed artists; maintain and update show files, including scripts and scores; coordinate meetings with creative teams; research new literary properties for dramatic adaptations. Represent TWUSA as various industry, fundraising, community engagement, and artistic events when requested.
• A passion for creating exceptional theater for families and young audiences.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Working knowledge of breakdownexpress.com and Actor’s Equity Association.
• Undergraduate degree, previous experience with theatrical casting, and a valid driver’s license are required.
Compensation package includes a comprehensive range of benefits including subsidized health insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a generous paid time off policy in addition to voluntary dental and 401(k) plans.
TheaterWorksUSA is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants from all backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Projected start date is on/around April 22.
Please submit a resume along with cover letter with salary expectations.
April 22, 2019 –
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY BY EMAIL
Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org