New York City Children's Theater / New York, NY11.30.20
New York City Children’s Theater is seeking a new part-time Artistic Associate (16 hours per week). The Artistic Associate will work closely with Artistic Director Barbara Zinn Krieger, and support the operations of the artistic department.
Start date is January 2021, (possible light training/onboarding in December).
- Supporting projects through the development period and into production; including tracking the progress of pieces in development, reading script drafts, facilitating workshops, offering dramaturgical support as needed, observing rehearsals/performances, and collecting feedback for the creatives.
- Making dramatic rights inquiries to publishers/agents for book-to-stage adaptations.
- Researching and contacting potential collaborators and artists for NYCCT productions, to include writers, composers, and directors.
- Maintaining a roster/contact list of artists in the NYCCT community.
- Reviewing pitches and project submissions.
- Taking down meeting notes at all department meetings.
- Managing/maintaining organization of the department’s dropbox files.
- Assisting with scheduling appointments for the Artistic Director.
Applicants must have 1.5-2 years experience working in a similar capacity for an arts organization; experience with Dropbox, Google Drive applications, and Zoom is preferred.
Send a resume to email@example.com to apply.
NYCCT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Absolutely NO phone calls; but please feel free to visit us on the web at nycchildrenstheater.org.
The mission of New York City Children’s Theater is to promote children’s literacy and social development through professional theater productions and arts-in-education programs. Our programs cultivate children’s growth in the areas of Emotional Intelligence, Community Building, and Responsible Decision-Making. The result is empathetic, creative and independent thinkers who make a positive impact on their world.