Administration and Operations Associate
Metro Theater Company / St. Louis, MO09.16.22
Metro Theater Company is seeking early career candidates with an interest theater, education, and non-profit administration to join our team as our next Administration and Operations Associate, as the current team member in the role relocates to a new city. The position provides a broad view of the administrative operations of a non-profit TYA theater, with opportunities to meaningfully impact development, marketing, operations, and board communications.
As St. Louis’s longest-running professional theater company devoted solely to theater for youth and families, MTC creates programs on stage and in schools that have an outsized impact on the future of children in our region – empowering them to reach their full potential, providing them with opportunities to build empathy, and inspiring each of them to discover their own unique voice.
A full-time salaried position, this role primarily works regular office hours, with time occasionally flexing to support and attend special events, board meetings, or board committee meetings on evenings and weekends. As this position is an entry level role, compensation is in the low $30Ks. The compensation package includes access to MTC’s medical insurance plan (MTC pays 80%, employee pays 20%), dental and vision plans, and a match of up to 3% of salary towards employee contributions to a SIMPLE IRA retirement fund. MTC is committed to long-term pathways for professional growth for the entire MTC team and provides access to ongoing professional development opportunities through local and national partners for all staff.
The intended start date for this position is late October, to ensure overlap with the departing team member currently in the role.
A key member of the MTC team, supporting interdepartmental communication and collaboration, the Administration and Operations Associate supports the successful operations of Metro Theater Company through administrative functions for key marketing, development, board management, and office management. Through cross-departmental coordination, the position helps provide and support a holistic view of the needs within the organization throughout the year, as well as when reviewing budgets or strategic plan initiatives. The role also helps support MTC’s efforts to ensure the company is fully prepared to deliver an excellent experience to all patrons who interact with it, providing support to provide one voice for the company to patrons who engage with MTC across a wide range of programs.
Board Communications Facilitation
- Serve as a primary source of contact for MTC with the company’s volunteer bodies, primarily the Board of Directors and Emeritus Board.
- Maintain calendar of board meetings and board committee meetings, providing timely reminders to staff responsible for organizing those meetings.
- Collate and support the creation of advance material packets for all board meetings and board committee meetings, and send packets as needed.
- Attend board meetings as needed for administrative support (including but not limited to scribing minutes and technology trouble shooting).
- Ensure an accurate annual board book is maintained, including all relevant corporate documents for new and returning board members.
- Support preparations for all on-site and off-site in-person meetings with members of the board
- In partnership with Individual Support and Events Manager, coordinate transition from paper to digital donor files and support a process to effectively continuously maintain digital records.
- In partnership with Development Director, ensure all donors receive timely gift acknowledgements.
- Monitor news about key donors and donor prospects to aid the Development Director in “surprise and delight” correspondence about awards, life milestones, etc.
- Support logistics for development events, potentially including, but not limited to scouting locations, facilitating catering, organizing event layouts, tracking rsvp’s, collating materials silent auction coordination, and donor/sponsor acknowledgements. (Development events may include fundraising events, donor appreciation events, and others.)
Marketing and Audience Services Support
- In partnership with marketing, development, and education teams, traffic all primary print and digital design projects, collating materials across departments required each project as necessary (i.e., program books, annual reports, learning guides, brochures, postcards, invitation sets)
- In partnership with Content Marketing Manager, monitor and respond to social media requests as necessary
- In partnership with Audience Services and School Booking Manager, provide back up support for school booking logistics, including seating arrangements at student matinees and post- performance surveys at mainstage and touring production.
- Support logistics for marketing and community engagement events, potentially including, but not limited to scouting locations, facilitating catering, organizing event layouts, tracking rsvp’s, collating materials, raffle prizes, and participant acknowledgements.
- Support logistics for promotional materials distribution, in person (i.e. posters and flyers) or virtually (i.e. Facebook groups, media event listings).
- Be available to provide back up support at performances for box office, front of house, group, donor, or press facilitation needs.
- Support process, in partnership with house management, for identifying and hiring all paid and volunteer ushers and for ensuring ushers receive pre-performance training to provide the highest level of customer service possible in a safe environment for all audiences.
- Support the process of identifying community partners, group sales prospects, and other institutional relationships with the potential to expand MTC’s community and audience reach.
Office Operations Support
- Maintain an on-going audit of MTC technology equipment and make recommendations for where new investments in technology may be critical.
- Serve as point of contact for all key administrative vendors, including, but not limited to telephone, copier, postage meter, trash/recycling, cleaning, internet, and IT support.
- As necessary, negotiate agreements and/or solicit new bids for the above administrative vendors.
- Coordinate basic utility needs with LEK when landlord support is required (i.e., security, plumbing, or electrical emergency).
- Facilitate and support organization of data on the MTC server and in MTC’s CRM system to improve ease of access and reduce redundancy.
- Help maintain inter-departmental databases for tracking key relationships (i.e. the “game changers” list, board cultivation lists, etc.)
- Maintain office supplies in an on-going basis as needed.
- Provide budget recommendations to improve office operations.
- Represent MTC at Grand Center Inc. security meetings.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent organizational skills;
Solution-oriented thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to show initiative and work independently as well as part of a collaborative team;
- Ability to work in a hybrid environment, both in MTC’s offices and remotely as necessary;
- Enthusiasm for the power of theater and education and their ability to impact the lives of young people;
- Familiarity with databases or CRM systems a plus;
- Conversational knowledge of Spanish a plus;
- Willingness to participate in ongoing professional development opportunities;
At Metro Theater, we are committed to providing an environment of both fun and mutual respect, in which equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical and mental disability, marital status, pregnancy, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. MTC believes that diversity and inclusion in our staff and on our stage is critical to our success in the workplace and across our community, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Applications for this position will be accepted until the position is filled. Please submit a resume and a brief statement that speaks to what excites you about taking on this role, as well as your approach to equity, diversity, and inclusion. EDI is an important part of MTC’s values, and we ask you to share ways you have brought or hope to bring a commitment to EDI to your work. No “cover letters” necessary. While we ask that resumes be submitted in written form, we invite applicants to submit their statement via a written document, an audio file, or an attachment of or a link to a video recording – whatever form best supports your self-expression to introduce you to us.
Please submit a resume and your statement to email@example.com with the subject “ADMINISTRATION AND OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE” to apply. The MTC team is currently working in a hybrid setting, so phone calls regarding the position may not be received or answered regularly.