Access for All Coordinator
Children's Theater of Madison / Madison, WI08.25.20
Access for All Coordinator
Children’s Theater of Madison (Madison, WI)
Children’s Theater of Madison (CTM) is hiring a part-time Access for All Coordinator. This position will focus on justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion at CTM through an anti-racist and anti-ableist lens. We are taking an action-oriented path towards being an anti-racist organization; the company is committed to this work on every level. We strongly encourage Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) applicants to apply.
INCLUSION STATEMENT: Inclusion is at the core of CTM’s policies, programs, and people as we engage in creating an environment where all feel welcome, valued, and connected. As part of our work in making theater inclusive, we oppose acts of cultural appropriation and character depictions that deepen existing racial and cultural divides.
The CTM community celebrates visible and invisible differences in identity, gender expression, age, culture, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, physical ability, learning style, religion, occupation, nationality, immigration status, socio-economic status, and life experiences that span these differences.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Fostering ongoing partnerships and developing new relationships between CTM and families, community organizations, school and/or district personnel and administrators, health care professionals, social service agencies, and any other agencies or contacts to engage more diverse youth so our programs reflect our community
- Leading teaching artist trainings on best practices for anti-racist teaching methods, trauma informed teaching, and supporting youth with disabilities
- Continue CTM’s work of identifying and addressing the principal barriers hindering diverse youth from participating in CTM programming
- Initiate and collaborate on the creation of new programs and sustaining existing programs such as ASL interpreted shows, Rosemary Kennedy Initiative (RKI) internships for adults with disabilities, sensory friendly programming, and collaborating with the CTM Registrar on financial assistance applications and policies
This is a part-time position starting at 10 hours a week, typically filled during standard business hours. Position is paid hourly (at a rate of $15/hr).
- Ability to work on diverse teams and with a diverse range of people
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Highly organized
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- MS Office & Google Drive proficiency
- Ability to thrive while working under pressure
- Some flexibility in terms of nights and weekends (with advanced notice)
- Technical proficiency with Zoom & social media platforms
- Theater Background
- An associates, bachelors, or masters degree in Theater, Arts, Community Engagement, or Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion
For consideration, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Access for All Coordinator – (YOUR NAME)”. Address correspondence to Erica Berman, Director of Education & Community Engagement.
MISSION STATEMENT: The mission of CTM is to create vibrant theater experiences that engage, educate and inspire young people and their communities.
HIRING STATEMENT: Children’s Theater of Madison is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, and vendors.