TYA/USA is seeking students (undergraduate and graduate) for Fall 2019 Internships.
The TYA/USA internship program provides learning opportunities and work experience to college juniors/seniors, graduate students, and recent college graduates with a professional interest in theatre for young audiences, arts management, and arts marketing.
Internships are offered in the Spring (February-May) and Fall (October-December) semesters.
TYA/USA interns gain valuable experience in non-profit management while learning about the national and international TYA landscape. TYA/USA interns can be anywhere in the United States. They are trained and supervised by TYA/USA Executive Director, and work remotely. Interns are an integral part of the TYA/USA staff. They have the opportunity to engage with TYA/USA members, write content for the TYA Today Online platform, support programming, and conduct research in creating resources for the field. Interns will take part in a weekly virtual staff meeting with TYA/USA Executive Director.
TYA/USA Interns are expected to work 10-15 hours per week. Duties may include:
- TYA Member Customer Service Support
- Writing and research on the field of TYA
- Programming Support (Webinars, Conference Planning)
- E-Marketing and Social Media Management
- Other duties as needed
Interns will also have the opportunity to connect with TYA/USA Staff and Board for individual mentorship and professional development, tailored to the interests of each intern.
- Passionate about Theatre for Young Audiences
- Writing and editing skills
- Online research skills
- Proactive and detail-oriented
- Ability to work independently
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Flexible with ability to multitask and prioritize
- Willingness to learn
- Opportunity for college credit
- Free TYA/USA Membership
- Complimentary registration to an upcoming TYA conference or event
- Flexible schedule
- Work experience and building TYA community connections
How to Apply
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line: “TYA INTERN 2019.” Application Deadline: June 1, 2019.
This internship is unpaid. A mutually agreed upon schedule will be determined to meet the needs of both the intern and TYA/USA.