Bay Area Children's Theatre / Oakland, CA06.20.19
Reports to: Marketing Manager
Job Summary: Vibrant non-profit theatre company serving youth is seeking a Graphic Designer to create visual assets for the organization including digital, print, video and social.
Graphic Designer Job Duties:
- Designs all visual assets for mainstage season, education program and development-including posters, postcards, signage, brochures, flyers
- Art directs and/or photographs events and performances
- Creates and/or art directs video content for the organization
- Creates assets for social media
- Maintains visual elements on website
- Designs all email templates and email communication
- Ensures consistent branding across all visual assets
- Collaborates with Marketing Manager on marketing strategy
- Interfaces with printing vendors to ensure excellence in final product
- Maintains and follows the design calendar with Marketing Manager
- Other duties as assigned
Ideal candidates will:
- Have a minimum of two design years experience (a plus if in theatre, education or non-profit sector)
- Have advanced knowledge of:
Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc)
E-mail Communication platforms like Constant Contact or MailChimp
- Strong visual understanding of brand
- Eye for detail
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Have strong time management skills and the ability to work independently
- Be comfortable working in a creative, collaborative environment
- Be comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Have strong problem-solving skills
Full-time salary DOE
To inspire young audiences with imaginative productions, introduce children of all backgrounds to the excitement of live theatre, and create an engaging, entertaining, and educational environment in which children and their families can explore and enjoy the arts.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At Bay Area Children’s Theatre, we embrace the joy and wonder of diversity and support equity and inclusion in all our endeavors, for only with diversity, equity and inclusion can we enrich our art, our workplace and the communities we serve.
BACT’s Culture Statement
As artists, arts educators and arts administrators, we share a cultural ideal and uphold values that make the Bay Area Children’s Theatre a uniquely satisfying place to work:
● Professionalism: We strive for excellence in all we do. We deliver on our commitments. We work collaboratively, and respect each other’s time. We admire and support each other’s skills and abilities, understanding that the diversity of our experience builds capacity and strengthens our overall creative impact. We are accountable for our actions and our decisions. We solve problems constructively and politely, with goodwill. We keep the company’s best interests in mind.
● Respect: We treat everyone as we would like to be treated. We think the best of each other and help each other succeed. We support each other’s artistic growth. We communicate kindly, openly and directly. We listen and respond to our patrons, and we are cognizant of the diversity in the communities we serve.
● Flexibility: We understand that working in the performing arts requires us to be nimble. We value positive outlooks and the ability to respond quickly and efficiently to unexpected needs. We focus on what we need to accomplish, and keep each other informed.
● Creativity: We know that the future of the company depends on the imagination and innovation we bring to our work. We welcome new ideas, and help create an atmosphere in which everyone feels empowered to grow artistically. We share the fun and excitement of everything we are doing.
Please send cover letter and résumé to Nina Meehan, Executive Artistic Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Graphic Designer Search.”