24th Street Theatre / Los Angeles, CA07.11.19
24th Street Theatre, a respected non-profit arts organization in Los Angeles for over two decades, seeks an experienced Education Coordinator to maintain 24th Street’s high quality arts education programs.
The Education Coordinator is a full time position. 24th Street Theatre’s Education Coordinator reports directly to the Executive Director and Artistic Director and will oversee all aspects of booking and managing and growing 24th Street’s arts education programs in schools.
24th Street Theatre Vision and Philosophy
We believe that the young people we reach today will grow up to be active participants in their communities who are notable for their generosity, independent thinking, and passion for the arts. We envision a change in the culture of Los Angeles: people animated by a greater sense of inter-connectedness, empathy and humanity. The components of that vision include:
- Bringing families together so that outstanding shared artistic experiences give families substantive topics for conversations.
- Creating consistently great theatre (in both performance and in education) in a compassionate space where we hold a responsibility for the well-being of our community.
- A place where neighborhood residents come for inspiration — the shows, the programs, the kids, the parents. People leave with their hearts full, and, over time, with their lives changed.
- 24th ST is a destination for community gatherings, and the diversity of the community is evident. Because the doors are open it’s clear that everyone is welcome, and sees each other as equal. We function in many ways as a secular church, where people are creating community through shared experiences with powerful theatre.
- Artistically excellent, sophisticated theatre, including Spanish-language work, national and international touring, and deep and powerful teaching in the arts.
- World-class artists who share our vision are strongly connected to the theatre. Our plays don’t look like anything the rest of the theatre world is creating.
- We are recognized as a leader in theatre for young audiences, influencing the field to be more adventurous, more sophisticated, more provocative.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Oversee quality control of all school programs
- Oversee field trip programs including booking schools, coordinating transportation, scheduling teaching artists
- Oversee Teaching Artists in field
- Actively build and maintain relationships with schools and districts in Los Angeles County
- Collection of data for grant deliverables such as teacher evaluations and student reactions/testing data
- Research innovative ways to increase education programming
- Attend 2-3 school workshops per month for teaching artist check-ins
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Three years of experience in theatre management or education
- Proven track record of managing multiple programs and teams of people
- Must have pedagogic knowledge of best practices in arts education
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Experience with CRM database software (Patron Manager or Salesforce specific experience helpful)
- Can successfully work with others and independently
- Goal oriented
- Has great attention to detail
- Has a sense of humor
- Excellent time-management skills
- Has a passion for Arts Education
- Seeking a career in arts administration or education
- Personable and not afraid to “cold call” schools
- School hours availability (7:30am to 4pm mostly)
- Valid drivers license and car
Pay is commensurate with experience.
Email resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org No calls please.