Artistic Program Assistant
Imagination Stage / Bethesda, MD06.01.18
The Artistic Program Assistant (APA) will work under the Associate Artistic Director and the Artistic & Casting Coordinator, providing administrative support of the artistic team at Imagination Stage. This is a part-time, one-year contract position. Tasks include but are not limited to work in the areas outlined below.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Season Planning
- Casting Support
- Preliminary Script Evaluation
- Maintaining casting database
- Audition Scheduling and Preparation
- Hotel and travel arrangements for visiting artists
- Assist with arrangements for touring shows, including load-in/load-out
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA or BFA (in Theatre or Arts Management preferred), or equivalent experience
- Arts Administration, Casting, and/or Company Management experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proven administrative and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with actors, designers, and full and part time staff members
- Ability to work independently and with initiative
- Clear understanding of—and passionate commitment to—theatre and theatre education opportunities for all children
- Patience, flexibility with work schedule, empathy, and a sense of humor
- Ability to hear and speak clearly in an open plan office
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
SCHEDULE AND COMPENSATION:
- 15-20 hours per week. Days and hours flexible, but must be worked between the hours of 9:00 AM and 6:00 PM, Monday–Friday
- Desired start date is September 4, 2018
- One year position to run through August 2019
Imagination Stage is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It does not tolerate discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for the Artistic Program Assistant position, please submit resume, cover letter, and three professional references to email@example.com.
Application deadline: June 22, 2018. Interviews will be scheduled with selected candidates in early July. Ideal start date for this position is September 4, 2018.