Theatre for Young Audiences/USA (TYA/USA) is a membership organization that serves and represents the national field of the theatre for young audiences.
We achieve this through our programming:
- We produce the TYA/USA National Festival and Conference, the largest convening of the theatre for young audiences community in the nation. We also offer other opportunities for the field to connect both physically and virtually throughout the year.
- We provide the most robust and comprehensive source of national TYA news through TYA Today (both in print and online).
- We offer Fellowships and Professional Development Programming that strengthen individuals and organizations, diversify the field, raise artistic excellence, and support the development of new work.
- We honor innovation through Annual Awards that elevate the prominence of the field and
- We provide a connection to the international TYA community.
- We provide resources to our membership, such as the National TYA Directory and the National TYA Job Center. These outlets provide professionals with information and insight, and connect them to employment opportunities in the field.
Founded in 1965, TYA/USA is the only theatre organization in the United States which has the development of professional theatre for young audiences and international exchange as its primary mandates. TYA/USA is the United States Center for the International Association of Theatre for Children and Young People (ASSITEJ).